GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DINAN

Buguyed

Ready to race!
I know this isn’t the right place but anyone put one of these on an R yet? There’s nothing in our section for reviews..

Buguyed

Ready to race!
GTI gains are much higher for sure than the R. Curious if it’s even worth it for the R

Buguyed

Ready to race!
It's going to add the same max 4PSI, generally for ever psi boost added it's apx 7-10 HP.

Their dyno graph is just like 20hp for the R. I’m torn right now if I go APR and save up for a clutch or get he Dinan and save for a clutch and APR..

mk7carbongti

Passed Driver's Ed
Their dyno graph is just like 20hp for the R. I’m torn right now if I go APR and save up for a clutch or get he Dinan and save for a clutch and APR..

I can tell you from my 2015 GTI and my 2017GTI, nothing compares to the APR tune, with just stage 1 tune my 2015 GTI went from 14.40 98 mph to 13.20 at 107.5 . Neuspeed PM again same car 14.40 stock, 13.7 104 mph. My 2017 GTI ran almost identical stock to my 2015, Dinan PM 13.80 almost 103mph. It's all about trade offs and what it's worth to you. I've decided this time around on little improvements here and there.

Last edited:

Buguyed

Ready to race!
That’s pretty cool! I love when people actually provide tangible statistics on these like 1/4 mile times. This is something we can all benefit from.

The Dinan Sounds pretty comparable to the Neuspeed PM on the GTI platform. I might have to just give it a shot while I accrue some new clutch cash haha

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
Not that I know of, but I the Dinan website has a dyno graph for the module on an R.

I've been happy with mine on a GTI
did you ever solve your EPC issue? I still get them in Race on 93.

mk7carbongti

Passed Driver's Ed
5000 miles since install no issues what so ever, still knocking out 13.7-13.8's at the track

the cheap side of me is really liking the phone app to switch from high to low setting for low octane fuel

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I'm borrowing a friend's Neuspeed module. At 5psi...I can't really tell too much of a difference between the Race mode on the Dinan. At 7psi and 3.5 gallons of E85...that I can feel.

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
5000 miles since install no issues what so ever, still knocking out 13.7-13.8's at the track

the cheap side of me is really liking the phone app to switch from high to low setting for low octane fuel

I haven't been through the thread to see any slips, but what are you trapping?

Edit: just saw it above... sorry

mk7carbongti

Passed Driver's Ed
With a mix of e85 and 93, Dinan , K&N intake best time

Attachments

• IMG_20180414_100215625.jpg
    IMG_20180414_100215625.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 437

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
Anyone notice Dinan updated the iOS app? I don't connect to it very often so I don't know when, but the other day I opened it while the car was running and I had to pick a vehicle / platform. There where other choices in there like Mini and BMW as well as two VW options. I chose the only one it would let me pick.

Put it into race mode like I always have. Then on the drive home it was like new power all over again. Somehow the unit must have stopped manipulating the numbers because I've never adjusted it since I first put it in, and always had it in Race, but it was really obvious that it hadn't been in Race lately.

Thinking it was maybe due to the app update and getting "signed out" of the vehicle selection and mode screen. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

chiefhiawatha

Ready to race!
Same exact thing happened to me. Now I’m back in the habit of checking it daily. It was like getting the device all over again.

For sure it wasn’t stock when not in race, my impression.