GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Hackett896

Passed Driver's Ed
How long did you have your GTi shane?

Mine will be a year old in 2 days and my odometer is @ approx 21,200. I had it parked for approximately 2 months during that almost 12 month duration. I had a health scare and had almost 2 months leave of absence from work so it didnt drive from the 3rd week of july through the 3rd week of September. I had a Stage 2+ B8 S4 prior to my mk7 GTi and i dont miss the b8 even when considering the issues below.

Consider yourself lucky for owning a sport. My autobahn's sunroof is super annoying. Although i have a pending case with VWOA I've hesitated to take it into a dealer since I'm extra nervous of the dealer mishandling the issue.

My sunroof has started its rattle phase since approx. 5k miles. Now it sounds like a styrofoam cooler with lid issues.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

You know there is an active recall on the sunroof, right. You should be able to get it fixed for free...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slapshot1

Ready to race!
Thanks! I was really lucky finding this set, a bit of driving to pick them up. But, today was a beautiful day to drive here in the south. So, no complain at all.

I like them on my sport. The only downside is keeping the brake dust off the black painted part!

Renck

Ready to race!
I like them on my sport. The only downside is keeping the brake dust off the black painted part!

I was dealing with that issue with the Austins as well. I think it is time for me to look for a different type of brake pads to hopefully mitigate this issue.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I was dealing with that issue with the Austins as well. I think it is time for me to look for a different type of brake pads to hopefully mitigate this issue.
Bronze wheels fix that problem

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Finished my prep for winter. Put on brand new Michelin alpines, took spacers off put winter Austin's on and used chemical guys wheel maxcoat to help seal for the season. Added some wax and sealer to front end as well.

Speaking of sunroof problems.. my 09 tsi Jetta had a sunroof that would randomly open and close on its own. Vw has a curious legacy of possessed sun roof it seems

Attachments

• IMG_20171217_204816.jpg
    IMG_20171217_204816.jpg
    335.3 KB · Views: 748

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Nice wheels!
Thanks! I'm rocking the Austin's for the winter, even though my GTI hasn't left the garage for two weeks. It's supposed to be warm this week so I may get to drive it

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Thanks! I'm rocking the Austin's for the winter, even though my GTI hasn't left the garage for two weeks. It's supposed to be warm this week so I may get to drive it

Bronze is growing on me, not just because of the dust problem. Night Blue and bronze has potential.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Bronze is growing on me, not just because of the dust problem. Night Blue and bronze has potential.
I think there's actually a thread for night blue with bronze wheels somewhere

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
You know there is an active recall on the sunroof, right. You should be able to get it fixed for free...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for pointing that out and i am aware of the recall. I just need to set something up to drop it off and schedule some time off from work in order to do so. Its my daily and most VW dealers don't offer loaners.

I'm thinking the week between Christmas and New years or shortly after new years i need to man up and drop it off. I'm really paranoid that they'll mess it up worse than it already is.

I had my B8 S4 which was still under warranty and it needed front wheel bearings, however, i paid an indy shop about $400 labor plus about $200 for the front pair of wheel bearing assemblies to replace them because of how much i despise taking my car to the dealer.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT