Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 RSM 2 door S 6M

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
ironman 4 life

mesaboogie18

Ready to race!
@boogie I haven’t seen a 173 with that bezel before. Looks sharp!

Would also be interested in pics of amp/guitar collection based upon the name and the watches :D but this is not the place for that...

Thanks! It's an SRP787 and I love it. I also had an SKX009 and it was a great watch. If there's a guitar thread here, I'll post some pics :cool:

Rickys

I'm in,
Watch for work. Momentum Vortech GMT because i can't calculate UTC time. Just kidding...kinda.
momentum (1600x900).jpg

Watch for play Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 16, GTI spec.
tag (1600x900).jpg

Last edited:

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
I'm in,
Watch for work. Momentum Vortech GMT because i can't calculate UTC time. Just kidding...kinda.
View attachment 19032

Watch for play Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 16, GTI spec.
View attachment 19026

I am a Tag guy and that Carrera is absolute stunner of a watch!
If I were to get a Tag chronograph, I am on the fence between the Formula 1 automatic chronograph or the Carrera.
I think you may have just sold me on the Carrera.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Wearing my “daily” Hamilton Khaki King Auto. Have a handful of different straps for it. This leather nato came from Crown & Buckle...I think. I buy from a couple different places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

slide13

Ready to race!
My Sub and GTI. Been into watches for probably 15 years now off and on. Had a 9 year relationship with an Omega SMP 2254.50, lots of Seikos, a couple Speedmasters, a Panerai, etc. Usually only one at a time, but really not a collector just looking for the right one. Sub might be it...picked it up about 8 months ago

Updated with better picture:

Last edited:

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
My Sub and GTI. Been into watches for probably 15 years now off and on. Had a 9 year relationship with an Omega SMP 2254.50, lots of Seikos, a couple Speedmasters, a Panerai, etc. Usually only one at a time, but really not a collector just looking for the right one. Sub might be it...picked it up about 8 months ago

Updated with better picture:

Beautiful sub! What made you go for the sub, rather than a sea-dweller?
Why not sky-dweller or GMT?
Just would like to get an opinion from a Rolex owner.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
I have owned a few Rollie’s, Panerai, and Omega. Over the luxury brand ego thing myself. The Boutique low production watch market better value imo. I went from 50k multiple watch collection down to just a couple beaters.

Anywho, this one guaranteed not to be on every wanta-be-Joe wrist. Lol...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slide13

Ready to race!
Beautiful sub! What made you go for the sub, rather than a sea-dweller?
Why not sky-dweller or GMT?
Just would like to get an opinion from a Rolex owner.

Thanks!

To me, the Sub is the classic model and I love it for that. Like the GTI it defined a genre and has a great history.

Specifically, I have zero need for a GMT function in my life and so didn’t really desire the GMT Master at all, though it’s arguably as much a classic as the Sub. SkyDweller does nothing for me aesthetically, though many love it. The SD is nice, but it’s really just a bigger/bulkier Sub. One of the things I love about the Sub is it’s a robust watch that can handle anything (but for saturation diving which I will absolutely never do and what the SD was designed for) without being overly large. I’m a big buy but not a fan of overly large watches. The Sub is just right for me.

I went no-date because I was torn between the usefulness of the date function and the nice dial symmetry of the non date. Factor in the $1k price difference and it was easy for me to go no-date. Haven’t missed the date function really.

Now, the watches I did consider alongside the Sub were a 36mm Datejust and 36mm Oyster Perpetual (like I said...despite my large wrists I don’t like large watches), and the new 39mm Explorer I. Love all those watches but in the end my love of the classic Sub won out.

It’s also the most insanely accurate watch I’ve ever owned. It consistently runs about +1/3 second per day.

slide13

Ready to race!
I have owned a few Rollie’s, Panerai, and Omega. Over the luxury brand ego thing myself. The Boutique low production watch market better value imo. I went from 50k multiple watch collection down to just a couple beaters.

Anywho, this one guaranteed not to be on every wanta-be-Joe wrist. Lol...

Way to throw in some not-so-veiled digs, haha. Hope that made you feel better.

I’ve had nice watches and after I’ve gone years wearing Seiko and smaller brands (Sinn, Damasko, MKII, etc). Just recently gone back to something nicer and I’m happy with my decision. Not to say there aren’t some great values in the boutique arena, been eying a MKII Hawkinge lately. My brother picked one up and it’s a killer value for $600.

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Some really good looking watches on here.

Usually wear a Tissot T Touch on a rubber strap as my everyday beater. Been wearing a classic Sea-Dweller for the last week. I have a few nice watches.

Attachments

• SeaDweller1.JPG
    SeaDweller1.JPG
    163.8 KB · Views: 781
Last edited: