GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Do you like the 2018 GTI Front Bumper?

LurpyGeek

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't find most styling features of the 7.5 to be offensive, but I prefer the cleaner look of the OG 7.

I don't think my opinion is skewed by the fact that I own a 2016, but I guess it's possible.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Definitely think the fog light surrounds with the black plastic cladding on the '18's is a step down.
I love the way the strakes in our car are integrated.
I'm catching some Chevy Cruz in the front end of the '18's.
Of course, I haven't seen them in the flesh yet so I should reserve final judgement until I do.

Last edited:

mkygod

Ready to race!
I can't really decide, tbh. I really like that they upgraded the lights to LED, but not necessarily the design. The rear tail lights are an improvement over the US tail lights, but I can't decide if I like them better than the Euro tails.

dunkelweizen

Go Kart Newbie
Another vote here for original Mk7.

Not a fan of the new headlights or the bumper or the wheels. Also, I really do not like the new LED tails. Saw it in action on a couple of NAR 2018 GTIs last few days and they just look...terrible (especially the turn signal). Actually prefer the current incandescent ones to those 7.5 lower model LED tails.

And between the 7.5 higher model LED tails and the 7.0 LED tails, I like the original better overall - though I do think the light pattern of that 7.5 higher model LED is pretty cool. If they could combine the exterior look of 7.0 LED tails with LED pattern of 7.5, I would throw all my money at that :D

And I saw one of the 30 new colours available for the 2018 Golf R in person the other day - in a deep purple. Can't say I'm a big fan of that either... Certainly unique.

Robbb

Passed Driver's Ed
Guess I'll have to see it in person before I judge too hard. Maybe someone will come out with a thinner, less bulky aftermarket border that snaps into the same OEM holes. Wishful thinking I know. I like every other upgrade on the 7.5 though.

SRQ_MK6

Ready to race!
I felt myself wanting to like it but just cant. Like others have said, maybe when I see one in the flesh my opinion will change but for now the front bumper, headlights, and wheels are all a big let down for me.

bigred1

Passed Driver's Ed
Wheels way to turbine looking for my tastes. Fog light area looks like they were trying to hard to make an aggressive statement.