GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 Infiniti Variable Compression Engine

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I feel like Nissan is going to mess this up.

They have enough trouble getting conventional technology to work decently.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
I feel like Nissan is going to mess this up.

They have enough trouble getting conventional technology to work decently.

I'm not so sure I would agree with that. Yeah, they have had some quality issues in the past (bad transmission coolers, CVT failures, faulty catalysts), but they've also brought us amazing engines like the SR20DET, RB25/26, the VQ V6 (designed in the early 1990s and still in mass production today) and its offshoot, the thoroughly insane VR38DETT that powers the GT-R. Not to mention the V8 they designed for racing but never used, the plans for which were purchased by McLaren and used (with some changes) to power every car they've built since the MP4-12C.

Given Nissan's recent/current product line (minus the GT-R), it's easy to forget that they can produce some pretty amazing stuff when they set their minds to it.

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
Nissan has been one of the lesser lights in the Japanese auto constellation, definitely behind Honda and Toyota in the sort of big-money, high-profile strata. Hence their partnership with such dubious fellow travelers like Renault and AvtoVAZ (Lada maker). But they also have been much less fettered by tradition and inertia, so they can at times be innovative.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I'm not so sure I would agree with that. Yeah, they have had some quality issues in the past (bad transmission coolers, CVT failures, faulty catalysts), but they've also brought us amazing engines like the SR20DET, RB25/26, the VQ V6 (designed in the early 1990s and still in mass production today) and its offshoot, the thoroughly insane VR38DETT that powers the GT-R. Not to mention the V8 they designed for racing but never used, the plans for which were purchased by McLaren and used (with some changes) to power every car they've built since the MP4-12C.

Given Nissan's recent/current product line (minus the GT-R), it's easy to forget that they can produce some pretty amazing stuff when they set their minds to it.

The GTR is the only great car they've made since the 90s.

Navi

Autocross Champion
The GTR is the only great car they've made since the 90s.

man when this thing first came out (R35) it was so cool and advanced. Now it's so aged. I can't mess with Nissan anymore. After owning a 350z and 370z, my bother having two sentra's and a friend having an altima, I've grown quite weary of the brand. All of those cars had such weird problems.. things I don't see happen on any other brand. I agree with what was said above. They have cool ideas but once implemented they always find a way to fuck it up. I have had much better experiences with Honda. My sister had a Corolla that was 10 years old and it was a tank. I loved driving that thing. She drove it into the ground because she didn't realize it was empty on oil :(