GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
wait what jb4/dp gti can beat a 550i?

The 550 eats all its dinner, motortrend has the curb weight for the 2016 listed as 4,365 lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vincevtr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
The 550 eats all its dinner, motortrend has the curb weight for the 2016 listed as 4,365 lbs

but still, Car & Driver trapped the 550i at 115mph... maybe the bmw pulled away after the pass in the vid? just hard to believe a jb4/dp gti can beat a 115mph car

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1

Holy crap, that's a lot of car. I looked up the HP on those thing - a tuned GTI actually has a better power to weight ratio once you get near 300hp. So not as surprising as I would initially thought.

Great vids from OP by the way. Keep 'em coming.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Fwd cars can roll on rwd cars that trap a few miles per hour faster

Yes Sir. I have found fwd boosted cars depending on the setup can run with rwd running 3-5 mph faster traps in quarter. Bottom line is fwd is not a great platform for drag. Go Roll...

digilio86

Ready to race!
Yes Sir. I have found fwd boosted cars depending on the setup can run with rwd running 3-5 mph faster traps in quarter. Bottom line is fwd is not a great platform for drag. Go Roll...

Yep all my buddies think my gti is faster than their cars because they have never seen it from a dig on street tires.