GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Apr 93 Oct vs. STI and 5.0

Zx2man

Ready to race!
Yeah........ I snooped around online and yes there are some coyote swap fox bodies out there. Some with superchargers too. Yep they are quick.

But honestly I dont see too many fox bodies in my area. The ones I do see, dont strike me that lot of money has been poured in it. Are they out there? Sure

But a coyote swap foxbody wont be on my radar next time I go drive around. Its nothing I would be on the lookout for.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
There are plenty out there, just look at Youtube. Also, there is a special class in NHRA for them. You can buy the motors from For Racing, they are sealed so you cannot make any internal mods, only external stuff like intakes, wiring. It's all checked out by the inspectors at the strip. A lot of the guys that buy the motors, wind up racing the car on the street.

Yeah a guy i know locally tried to run Coyote Stock, but he really underestimated the costs. When he lost the motor at the end of the season, that was the end of that.

He was in the 10.60s so he was close, but not quite competitive.

Pretty amazing how fast these cars are with sealed crate motors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUChhQRStfI

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Yeah a guy i know locally tried to run Coyote Stock, but he really underestimated the costs. When he lost the motor at the end of the season, that was the end of that.

He was in the 10.60s so he was close, but not quite competitive.

Pretty amazing how fast these cars are with sealed crate motors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUChhQRStfI

Awesome.

mk7rip

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7
There are plenty out there, just look at Youtube. Also, there is a special class in NHRA for them. You can buy the motors from For Racing, they are sealed so you cannot make any internal mods, only external stuff like intakes, wiring. It's all checked out by the inspectors at the strip. A lot of the guys that buy the motors, wind up racing the car on the street.

I'm sure they're out there, just not very common. I've only seen one in person, but I've seen many more LS swapped foxbodies.