GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

5150 Racing Accessport and tune special

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Is this still the best etune?
Interested in response to this as well. Looking to buy an Accessport and I know of a bunch of companies offering their OTS with Accessports. Is one of these better than the other for an OTS tune while I weigh my options for e-tune? I think I'm going with 5150 but again am interested in the response to Littlwredtipi's question.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Best is subjective, and you're posting on the tuner's thread...lol. Fwiw, I have the Cobb AP and have not yet e/pro tuned. But I will likely be going with Jon @ 5150 next spring. Or maybe sooner...
Is 5150 Gonna do anything with the up & coming VTT turbo about to be released?
This! I'm selling my house just to buy this turbo on cyber monday! (Not really, but the timing is coincidental.) I also need an intercooler. And then it's time to pro-tune!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

VOA West

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone running the 5150 is38 tune want to chime in on how they like it? Dyno #s or trap speeds they can share?

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
No? Apparently UM it is then

If you buy the turbo and pay Jon for his e-tune service or go to his dyno for dyno tune then he can tune for the turbo. UM's current tune for the VTT is currently only for the configuration of VTT's test car. Which has port injection, walbro 450 and running E75. So if that isn't your setup than that tune won't work for you.

Travis9935

Ready to race!
Thanks, we don't have very many reputable tuners around my area. Pshhhhh like one dyno for 300+ miles. And I'm never going to the one here. How does it work? Do they send out a base file for it? I currently have Ed as of now. Just trying to figure out which Turbo & who can tune it remotely. :-/

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Then you'd have to buy another one for me to test a GTI. I'm just trying to help you out here. Fiscal responsibility and all that.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Depends on how it works

UM says it's the best hybrid style turbo they have ever tuned so hoping you'll be able to work with it. I'm planning to buy at their intro price and hit you up for tune some time next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.