GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TDI 150 oil level

Mrleica

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello,

So this dumbass dealer apparently did more than topping off the oil level on my new 2016 Golf TDI 150 SE.

I know the oil level should be measured with an engine at operating temperature but this was taken with a cold engine... so the level should be low except : see image

I am now with a 1000 miles on the car. So I think damage was done by now.

What I don't understand is why the oil level warning light didn't come up !

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171107-191131.jpg
    Screenshot_20171107-191131.jpg
    717.2 KB · Views: 694
Last edited:

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
Is that dry? Not quite getting the point here...

...if it creaks, it's probably made by VAG

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
The engine does interesting things with it's oil when warm so I would check again with a warm engine.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Can't really see what the level is from this picture, for what it's worth the oil can be overfilled and the car will warn you about that too. Check it when it's warm, see where it really is.

If it's really low and you're only at a thousand miles go back to the dealer and have a chat. At least get it on record in case you ever have issues in the future.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Mrleica

Passed Driver's Ed
That's way overfilled based on the manual. On diesels, the warning comes up when the level is above the limit which is clearly the case here. The oil expand when warm thus will be way over the needed quantity.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Car parked on level? engine cold?. remove the dipstick & wipe clean....then re-insert the dipstick fully... count to 10 & remove the dipstick that's the correct way to check the oil level..