GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Which device/app for MK7 coding?

LFTMON

Ready to race!
Was wondering what the best/cheapest app is to get some simple coding stuff done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

stillwellm10

Ready to race!
My .02 is if you plan on owning more VAG cars in the future to get the Pro function with OBD11 since Carista charges an annual charge of nearly $40 US. Where as OBD11 is like $70 and it's good forever. I personally use OBD11 and find it more than worth it. I tend to meet up with other MK7 owners from a FB page I belong to in the Chicago area so they can run diagnostics on their Audi/Vw's. Either route you go will be up to what interface you prefer and what you want to pay right now to use it. I looked at the long haul so decided to go all in with it.

LFTMON

Ready to race!
My .02 is if you plan on owning more VAG cars in the future to get the Pro function with OBD11 since Carista charges an annual charge of nearly $40 US. Where as OBD11 is like $70 and it's good forever. I personally use OBD11 and find it more than worth it. I tend to meet up with other MK7 owners from a FB page I belong to in the Chicago area so they can run diagnostics on their Audi/Vw's. Either route you go will be up to what interface you prefer and what you want to pay right now to use it. I looked at the long haul so decided to go all in with it.

Guess OBD it is then!

http://www.totalcardiagnostics.com/shop/vagcom-rosstech-vcds

You would probably need the $30 upgrade with a 2017 model.

I suppose for a MY15 that excludes me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
OBDEleven Pro without hesitation, had one since they first came out and so easy to use with just an Android device.