GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ordered 4Motion Sportwagen

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
4Mo - That is a sweet ride! Haven't researched the Rally Armor flaps yet, but are they the Universal model or do they have some specific for the wagen? Let us know how the traction is with the IS20 pushing your Rwagen (for half the $).

Anyone thinking about adding fog-lights? OEM or aftermarket? How much hassle? The fogs on the Outback, Forester, Z4 and wife's Toyo Highlander add to vis both in clear and wet weather. The stock fogs on the WRX are useless other than for show. To get the 6M had to go with the "base" model, but the rest of the car is winterized, so some disappointment with no fog-light option (or HID/projectors) even with the special order. Guess they were trying to push us to the Alltrack?

Thank you. They do not have sportwagen specific flaps. I rolled the dice and bought the flaps that fit the regular golf/GTI and they fit perfectly.

I dont imagine the traction will be an issue. Right now I get about 1 or 2 turns out of the front passenger tire, if that and then it just goes. I have ran a couple of Focus ST's including my nephews and they pull on me at the top end of each gear and then I pull on them in the bottom of each gear. Kind of a back and forth whoever gets the jump sort of thing, but from a dead stop I can crush the hell out them with all of the traction this thing gets. lol, I have surprised more than a few of them.

Yes they were thinking the Alltrack would be the hot seller. Turns out that all of the dealers I talk to are not moving the Alltrack so much but sell the hell out of this car. I have heard that the projectors aren't that bad on the wallet as the MK6 was so I have been kicking that around in my head for awhile now.

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
I mean...I knew I wanted the car ahead of time & so did they...it was an easy deal, but they were being weird/shady about it.

I had to argue with them that the money factor was wrong, for example. They had it in as 0.0024. It was 0.0001 though, and my sales guy kept telling me I was wrong. Then he tells the manager and then he says "oh, I was gonna fix that." Uh huh, sure you were (had I not caught it). That "error" changed the payment by $15/month.

I have seen this with other dealers and it really bothers me when this kind of shady shit happens, just give me the numbers without the games.

Wrapping it up, the manager tells me..."okay I'll do it, but I'm not doing this because I like you or want to help you out.....it's that I hope you send us more business in the future."

Really?!?

Well this is generally the motivation of any dealer or at least it should be. Repeat business and referrals are the best way to generate business, but to come out and say it that way just shows no class. He could have said it many different ways with out sounding like a d'bag. For example, " I am not supposed to do this, but I hope you tell your friends about your deal/experience with us etc..."

Sales 101: Make them feel welcome. Treat the customer with respect and leave them with a positive experience sort of thing.

Hobdul

Just mounted 18" black OZ Ultraleggeras with some Pirelli P Zero PZ4s. Loving the look of the wheels with the car, although I want to take some air out of the wheel wells with suspension mods (hopefully without ruining the nice ride).

I took it out yesterday for a ride in the East Bay hills here in Northern California. The extra traction from the tires is great, and that little engine still pulls really well out of tight corners--4Motion certainly helps there.

Attachments

• rsz_1img_2389_li.jpg
    rsz_1img_2389_li.jpg
    468.6 KB · Views: 480
  • rsz_img_2390.jpg
    rsz_img_2390.jpg
    322.2 KB · Views: 475

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
Just mounted 18" black OZ Ultraleggeras with some Pirelli P Zero PZ4s. Loving the look of the wheels with the car, although I want to take some air out of the wheel wells with suspension mods (hopefully without ruining the nice ride).

I took it out yesterday for a ride in the East Bay hills here in Northern California. The extra traction from the tires is great, and that little engine still pulls really well out of tight corners--4Motion certainly helps there.

The 4motion is awesome. I have that color with black wheels and tints. That color really looks good with black wheels. Get a JB4 and wake that thing up. You will be surprised just how much of a difference that makes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hobdul

Unfortunately JB4 looks like a no go for me in California based on their website. Hopefully APR or someone else will come through soon with a tune for the GSW 4Motion.

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
Unfortunately JB4 looks like a no go for me in California based on their website. Hopefully APR or someone else will come through soon with a tune for the GSW 4Motion.

You have to order it from a vendors website. There are people that have them in California. I have been waiting 8 months for a tune and they keep saying a couple more weeks. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hornung418

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey all,

Just popping back in here after a whirlwind ride in my old Volvo 850 t5 catching fire last Halloween, and the free 2009 Altima with that shitbox known as CVT I ended up in courtesy of my sister getting a 2016 Fusion Ti pkg...I ended up in a GSW 4Mo 6MT!!!!

I absolutely love it and cannot wait to get it tuned. Ended up getting it for $21,396 plus tax title and gap insurance; because I drive for work, it was necessary, as getting in an accident is not hard to do in MD. They took the Altima for $500 LMFAO.

Anyway, here's my first VW!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
Hey all,

Just popping back in here after a whirlwind ride in my old Volvo 850 t5 catching fire last Halloween, and the free 2009 Altima with that shitbox known as CVT I ended up in courtesy of my sister getting a 2016 Fusion Ti pkg...I ended up in a GSW 4Mo 6MT!!!!

I absolutely love it and cannot wait to get it tuned. Ended up getting it for $21,396 plus tax title and gap insurance; because I drive for work, it was necessary, as getting in an accident is not hard to do in MD. They took the Altima for $500 LMFAO.

Very nice, you will love it.

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
All told with taxes, destination, the road hazard ins, term care warranty (because I drive 30k miles annually) and gap insurance, $25,775. No money down. I'll throw $2k at it when I refi with my credit union after the 45 day first payment period.Thanks! You were the inspiration!

LOL. Just for future thought, I am considered the bad influence where I come from.

Burgei1

MQ350, for sure?

Well, with 4motion is gets the MQ350/02Q gearbox, basically same as R,
but with different gear ratios.
Clutch will be similar too, but at least exact same diameter of 240 mm as
with any 02Q.
So to me, it'll easily cope with some increase in torque, ideally close to
stock R values. I just don't think it'll make sense to reach peak power of
an R with the tiny 1.8 TSI IHI turbo. It's smaller than the GTI's IHI IS20.

Do you have any concrete evidence that the transmission assembly in the Alltrack 6MT is indeed the MQ350? I notice that the torque rating is reduced to 184 lb/ft for the Alltrack and 4motion GSW when equipped with the manual transmission. I assumed this is because it just has the MQ250 transmission....

Cheers!

hxgaser

Do you have any concrete evidence that the transmission assembly in the Alltrack 6MT is indeed the MQ350? I notice that the torque rating is reduced to 184 lb/ft for the Alltrack and 4motion GSW when equipped with the manual transmission. I assumed this is because it just has the MQ250 transmission....

Cheers!

According to VW website, 4motion 6 speed MT has 199 lb/ft. 5 speed MT 2wd has 184 lb/ft. Alltrack 6MT is also 199 lb/ft.