GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The MKVII Mid-Atlantic Spotted Thread (NoVa/DC/MD/DE)

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Just picked up a black 2017 GTI SE with lighting package. Karen radley rear plate border. Give me a wave if you see me in the NoVA area! New GTI owner and already floored by the performance of it. Glad to be a part of this community too.

I bought from Radley too. Good folks to work with down there.

DEjetta

Past a metallic blue GTI going south bound on RT1 between Milton and Lewes. Had yellow day time running lights. Got behind me till I turned off at Dartmouth Dr.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Past a metallic blue GTI going south bound on RT1 between Milton and Lewes. Had yellow day time running lights. Got behind me till I turned off at Dartmouth Dr.

I was just on Rt1 S in my nbm (eating breakfast at Westside now), but it was just north of Milford and no yellow drl's.

Small world anyway.

armedferret

Ready to race!
if you see this sticker top left back glass, say hi. i look (and sometimes drive) like an asshole, but i'm only about 70% asshole. the rest of me is kinda teddy bear.

casualsurfer

Ready to race!
I hear that! I am the same way, which oftentimes pisses off my friends when they want to go somewhere.

Below is my list of places i will flat-out refuse to drive in.

Because of speed & rigged red-light cameras:

Frederick, MD

Howard County, MD

Montgomery County, MD

Downtown Laurel, MD

Most downtown parts of Baltimore City

Nazi-terrorist cops who pull you over for anything:

Charles Town, WV

Fredericksburg, VA

Harford County, MD

Skyline Drive, VA (pretty drive but 35 is a BS speed limit which ruins the drive entirely)

Ocean City, MD

If i absolutely must drive through these areas i'll drive like a grandma or have someone else drive their car.

I live in Harford County, no issues ever with local popo. However, if I was African American, that may be a different story.....

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Hey....reviving this thread a little.

Spotted a black MK7 with roof box and NJ plates coming out of the ALU Ft. Lee gate this morning....anyone on here?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Lowered red MK7 entering ALU gate at Ft. Lee at 0745.....you on here?

VL3X

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Spotted a really nice dark grey (or maybe dark blue) Golf R on 95S last week in Wilmington. It had an APR II badge on the back. There's also 2 or 3 other GTIs I see regularly in the parking garage I use for work at the Wilmington Riverfront. :cool:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Dang.... Wish there was stuff out this way. I'm about to start a lunch GTG club at Ft Lee lol

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
Sometimes. They had there 2019 opener this past Saturday. I stoped posting it up because nobody showed any interest on this forum.

I only asked since a few people i know went to the opener. I’m currently out of state so maybe I’ll go to next mo the or the following.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Dang.... Wish there was stuff out this way. I'm about to start a lunch GTG club at Ft Lee lol

I only asked since a few people i know went to the opener. I’m currently out of state so maybe I’ll go to next mo the or the following.

Well, I'm always down to roll in with a group. Just give me a heads up so I can pre-plan with the wife and kids.