GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is it worth it to get a GTI MK6 now or wait for MK7?

Should I get the MK6 GTI or wait for the MK7 GTI?

• Get the MK6

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Wait for the MK7

Votes: 22 88.0%

• Total voters

huth

So yesterday i went down to the VW dealership and saw a carbon colored GTI and almost purchased it, i have signed a few papers already, but i can back down if i want.

Do you think its worth it to get the MK6 Gti or wait for the MK7. keep in mind that i live in the middle east and the maximum time till we get the MK7 GTI is probably August.

Thanks in advance.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
If you are only going to need to wait 'till August, I'd wait for the 7.

Citrus1

If you're only waiting a little under a year I would wait for the mk7. Im deciding the same thing. I live in the US so I will be until 2014 for the mk7 gti. I need a car now so I will most likely purchase the mk6 but I am waiting for some more info on the mk7 for the states.

huth

Thanks a lot everyone, i wasnt too convincecd to get the mk6 at this time i just needed a push to be patience and you guys helped out, thanks again

bwoodahl

Ready to race!
Definitely wait. The Mk6, under the skin, is an old design -- it's basically a MkV. The MkVII will be completely new.

gtiw7

Ready to race!
You can't be serious!! Definitely wait for the mk7
I was going to get a mk6 last April, but then I thought it's kinda stupid to buy a brand new car that'll look "4-years-old" 1 year later.

so unless you are one of those people who change their cars every year, then I think you should scrap the papers you've signed & wait for mk7 :)

imm19

Definitely wait (if you can). The worst part of this is that you will buy a brand new MK7 in 2014 and it will be already 2 year old model (for the rest of the world). I can't see how VW will sell 800,000 cars in USA with "strategic" thinking like this.

Tolstiak

I thought of waiting (i probably should have). Traded my 09' Vibe for a 3drs 2012 MKVI. Got a deal at a dealership on remaining 2012 models. Figured that it would be better than the Pontiac,even its a 4 years old model...

GOLF NUTT

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Golf GTI
Wait for the MK7, I've had a MK5 and Mk6. Don't get me wrong the Mk6 is a much better car than the MK5 but the MK7 will have the new MQB chassis and will be better in every way.