GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Aspherical Mirror

Ottawa GTI1

Passed Driver's Ed
Aspherical Mirror

I ordered an set from DAP and installed them last week.
I like the extra bit of view angle as it helps me navigate through traffic better. Turning the head is still advisable, for myself anyways. Took three days to get used to judge distances in the more distorted view properly.
Installation: when you look at the new mirrors you see that the glass is held by numerous plastic clamps, arranged in a circle. So it is good to do the change in a somewhat warm environment to have the plastic flexible.
What worked for me: leave each mirror in the regular viewing in/out position. Then adjust each mirror to full down. Use a plastic trim tool or similar. Place electrical tape or similar on the black frame above the mirror glass. Look for the top centre of the clip circle and, with the trim tool, prey the mirror off there. Then gently extend outwards until it comes lose. Disconnect the two heating cables.
For reinstallation apply some grease to the outside of the stainless steel slider. Install wiring and push mirror onto the housing. Confirm it is seated flat by checking clearance between glass and plastic mirror housing all around.
Very helpful: I used a 4" diameter (GPS mount) suction cup and stuck it on the glass right atop the clamp circle. Makes it easier to handle the glass and to prevent cuts should the glass break. Makes pushing the new glass on a breeze.

fudsey

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 MkV GTI
Too bad that they are so expensive. I bought a set of tinted ones for my mkv and they cost less than 1/2 what they want for these...