GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sandman GTI MK7 PP DCC Lighting Pkg - The Journey begins!

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Ah, that's such a good spot for stickers, damn wish I hadn't put them all on my beer mug.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I know some do not like but when hood closed no one can see.
Guess it is the boy racer in me.
On my outside I only have 3 stickers. Forum sticker on hatch. My dogs "Woof" sticker on hatch and the Eibach sticker on front headlight side reflector are on passenger side.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Looking really good sir! How do you like the vwr turbo inlet? Also are you running a drop in air filter or just oem?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

VWR turbo inlet hose.
It's ok. Easier to install if you place in sun and heat up. Stiff on a cold day.
I remove just in case when going to dealer. Installed mainly for looks. I wanted red but liked how the connecting ends are stepped to help flow. Still wish I had red.

Install is stock other than the intake hose. Running OE filter. Even snow filter is in place. A good system and looks good also.
Just have not seen an option I just had to have.

rjtrout

Go Kart Newbie
I love the build! The turbo inlet hose is a very worthwhile modification that really helps air flow a good deal.

Keep on making it great!

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Weekend video clip.

Wish I could get out of the city.
I would even use my GTI to keep cost down.

https://youtu.be/eJnWPhSQjPs

Weekend just got better.
Great video shooting.

https://youtu.be/zrehQjsz5ck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Man I wish I could have the money to buy a Lamborghini like that!
There's places that you can pay to drive a lambo or a ferrari. I have to do that at least once in my life ;-)

Btw what happened to your user name? The count started again?

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Man I wish I could have the money to buy a Lamborghini like that!
There's places that you can pay to drive a lambo or a ferrari. I have to do that at least once in my life ;-)

Btw what happened to your user name? The count started again?

A while back my Tapatalk account act like it dropped me.
I registered again and has worked since but it lost all prior info and reset the count. On the Forum the post shows a count for items posted thru the forum and posts entered thru Tapatalk. Before I do not think it did this.
Sent a text to Tapatalk but never a reply.
So now I live two lives.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Replacing Laminex Film.

About two years ago I installed Laminex headlight film and front edge hood film that are precut from Laminex. Info on install earlier in my build thread.

I am working on removing so I can install a new hood edge piece and new headlight film, this time trying a light tint. Using my 2 stage heat gun on low setting I warmed up an corner on the hood edge film. Heating and pulling I worked across in about 5 min. All the glue came off. Hood paint under looks good. Have not cleaned yet as it started to rain.

The headlight film is super thick. Offers a lot of headlight protection. I also heated a section to get started. Pulling ery lightly on one edge I moved heat gun up and down. With light tension the film comes off ones heat level is reached. If you pull hard before film is heated adhesive is left behind on head light.
The only part that adhesive remained no matter what I did was the upper edge. And lightly around the edge of the film. I think the exposure to the sun on top made for stronger adhesive bond.
I was going to try Oops! But was out. Using soap water, window cleaner I use on tinted windows, some WD40 and MF cloth I was able to remove adhesive with no issues to head light.
Will work on install of new film this week.

Last edited:

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I think it has been about 2 years since the plant I work at had a family day at the plant. Today was the first of two. Each shift rotation has one so they can bring their families in the plant while production is running. We also have other activities for fun as well as food. An informal car show is also held.
I cleaned my GTI up and took the time to replace my 2 year old clear Lamin-x film with some light tint film. Here are some pics of the car today.

Now the center red stripe does not match. Might have to wrap it in tint film. Never ends.

Prior clear film for comparison.

Last edited:

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
super cool! careful with your eyes folks!

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion