GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Melted brake electric sensor

ImolaR

Ready to race!
While installing some new rotors, I noticed this wire hanging freely. It's totally fired, not sure which track day it was from. No warning lights on dash.

What should be done? From what I could see this wire goes directly into the inboard face of the caliper, not into a brake pad. I'm running EBC Yellow pads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SRoads

Ready to race!
Wear sensor for the brake pads. It's really not required...I zip or wire tied mine onto the area where it plugs into the connector to keep from getting a light on the dash.

Last edited:

ImolaR

Ready to race!
Wear sensor for the brake pads. It really required...I zip or wire tied mine onto the area where it plugs into the connector to keep from getting a light on the dash.

Weird I don't have a light from it. Not sure how to reconnect it to be quite honest. What kind of light does it throw?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Weird I don't have a light from it. Not sure how to reconnect it to be quite honest. What kind of light does it throw?

that because the wire is complete i.e. whole...

It fits into the pad slot & when the pads wear down the wire is exposed breaking the wire & tripping the brake system pad wear indicator on the dash...

ImolaR

Ready to race!
that because the wire is complete i.e. whole...

It fits into the pad slot & when the pads wear down the wire is exposed breaking the wire & tripping the brake system pad wear indicator on the dash...

Okay so when install the new ones I'll be good to go.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Is the connector on the car's wiring harness intact? If not you'll need a new one. The only way the light would stay off is if the connector is gone and the bare wires are touching each other. Did your new brake pads come with the sensor wire? When you installed them didn't you need to remove the connector? Did someone else do them and short out the wires? Don't understand.