GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

burbank2broward's Pure White GTI Sport - "The Comeback" Build

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Glad to see your back in the game man, I think it was after you got rid of the mk6 you stopped going to the Thursday night Ale house meets either in laudy or boca. I moved into a mk7R from my mk6 gti back in march, so you'll love it over the golf or a3!

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
Glad to see your back in the game man, I think it was after you got rid of the mk6 you stopped going to the Thursday night Ale house meets either in laudy or boca. I moved into a mk7R from my mk6 gti back in march, so you'll love it over the golf or a3!

Thanks, dude! I still went to the meets in my a3 all the time! haha that Boca meet kinda died and I stopped going. But I went to the Tuesday meets in Ft Lauderdale a lot. And now there are no meets except the SFLmk7 meet every once a month. :(

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Thanks, dude! I still went to the meets in my a3 all the time! haha that Boca meet kinda died and I stopped going. But I went to the Tuesday meets in Ft Lauderdale a lot. And now there are no meets except the SFLmk7 meet every once a month. :(
Yeah it died off, i used to go to the sonic meets in WPB and did more of the WPB scene after the other meets died. Been in Wisconsin for almost 5 years now and there are 0 meets unless i drive down to Chicago. The scene here blows, only thing is that goes on is civics street drag racing on friday nights.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
My aFe Dry FLOW filter came in today. Drove around and did a few errands, didn't really notice a HUGE difference but there were slightly more "intake swooshes" - which is always a plus! :)

rjtrout

Go Kart Newbie
I just took my aFe out and installed a VWR filter. I don't feel too much difference as of yet, but I am going to drive it around for a bit. I think the aFe may have sounded a bit better. Going to hit the road this evening and test it out a bit

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
Installed the last piece of the puzzle to be completely LED interior wise... the glove box. I don't know why all the stock lights except the trunk and glove box came as LED from the factory... :confused:

Last edited:

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
I had to touch up my bumper... I have 2.5k miles on my car and my paint was already peeling... if the problem persists I will bring it to the dealer. I didn't want to bring it in just yet because my paint is in pretty mint condition. No swirl marks. So I didn't want to risk the chance of a shitty repair job/overspray. Overall I think it came out okay. It's not 100% perfect but I would say 80%. I also added a rubber washer from home depot to try open the gap in between the bumper and fender.

Here's a better shot after I wet sanded it and polished it out

Last edited:

COBB Tuning

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Nice car and congrats on the engagement! I was in a similar boat - daily driving the project car after purchasing a house late last year and planning a wedding earlier this year.

I like the subtle interior changes you've made and also ponder the purpose of VW leaving the 2 or 3 non-LED bulbs. Drives my OCD nuts.

Marshall@COBB

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
So much for the "bumper repair" I did.

I got into an accident two days ago and my airbag deployed. The guy in front of me suddenly came to a complete stop and I ran right into him. I am very thankful that I made it out of the accident with just a few burns/scratches on my arm and I wasn't seriously injured. My car is being looked at today and they will determine the costs of the damages. At a quick glance, it doesn't look too serious on the outside but you never know when you open things up. Thank you, Volkswagen for making such a safe/sturdy vehicle!

NOTABLE DAMAGE:

Bumper - scratched and dinged
Broken Passenger Headlight (adjuster said this is the reason why my airbag deployed, there is a sensor on the headlight and I made a direct hit)
Hood miss aligned
Hood latch broken
Grill pushed in
One headlight seems to be popping out of place
Airbag & airbag sensors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: