GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My new GTD (facelift 7.5) 7 speed dsg

Hobby55

Ready to race!
What wind noise? Mine hasn't got any, the only annoying thing that's transferred over is if it's raining and you want the front window open 1/2 inch you can't as water flows straight in off the windscreen!

marvin1

Ready to race!
What wind noise? Mine hasn't got any, the only annoying thing that's transferred over is if it's raining and you want the front window open 1/2 inch you can't as water flows straight in off the windscreen!
Precisely! It's the road noise that needs reducing - far more in this platform compared with the MK6.

Last edited:

simba

Passed Driver's Ed
Wind .

Mines been back three times , they all do that sir. Tempted to go for the 7.5, more wind noise than any of my previous golfs. I will have to see what the wind blows in.;) Hope your enjoying your new motor.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Simba; any wind noise (or lack of wind noise) on the mk7.5 will be the same as the mk7 as the potential sources of any wind noise - door / window seals and rubbers, and the door mirrors - are the same for both models.

If yours is suffering from excessive wind noise, then that suggests a faulty door / window seal. You could always try a different dealer for a second opinion?

Hobby55

Ready to race!
One thing I have noticed if I have the drivers window open is a fair bit of buffeting over 50mph, but if you open one of the windows on the other side 1/2 inch it goes away!

marvin1

Ready to race!
One thing I have noticed if I have the drivers window open is a fair bit of buffeting over 50mph, but if you open one of the windows on the other side 1/2 inch it goes away!

Never open any windows unless it's to pay or get tickets from booths.

Very nice.
Indeed. Self-evidently, it's a 2-door. :)

Simba; any wind noise (or lack of wind noise) on the mk7.5 will be the same as the mk7 as the potential sources of any wind noise - door / window seals and rubbers, and the door mirrors - are the same for both models.
this ^^

Normal on ANY car.

;)