GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 R Noob , need answers

Car(s)
MK VII 7R
Hello Guys,
First post in the MKVII R forum as i finally pulled the trigger on a Oryx White 2017 R with 2611 miles on the clock
it the fully loaded R with almost every option possible (Carbon Nappa, ACC, DCC, Nav, Special edition Pretoria wheels)

Only Picture for now

Usually I'm on the MKV R32 forum as i own a supercharged R32:p
Picture of the said R32

So to my main reason of creating this post, i have a couple of questions that ill need you help with.

1- is it possible to code the headlights in a way that when the selector is on DRL/Side light the Gauges stay illuminated (at the moment only the needles illuminates)
2- I have downloaded the latest map updates for the Discover Pro Nav, and followed the steps in the guid posted on the site (Here) but i keep getting Error (No data available ,please insert a source with software update data or check source, i have followed youtube videos as well as downloaded fresh maps thinking the the first download got corrupted but i keep getting the same error :confused:

TIA

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I believe you can code them to be on with the parking lights. I don't know anyone who has them coded to stay lit with the DRL's.

We in the US have to buy map updates on an SD card, we're not able to download them ourselves. Any mention of needing to format first?

eticket

Hello Guys,
First post in the MKVII R forum as i finally pulled the trigger on a Oryx White 2017 R with 2611 miles on the clock
it the fully loaded R with almost every option possible (Carbon Nappa, ACC, DCC, Nav, Special edition Pretoria wheels)

So to my main reason of creating this post, i have a couple of questions that ill need you help with.

1- is it possible to code the headlights in a way that when the selector is on DRL/Side light the Gauges stay illuminated (at the moment only the needles illuminates)
2- I have downloaded the latest map updates for the Discover Pro Nav, and followed the steps in the guid posted on the site (Here) but i keep getting Error (No data available ,please insert a source with software update data or check source, i have followed youtube videos as well as downloaded fresh maps thinking the the first download got corrupted but i keep getting the same error :confused:

TIA

FWIW, I got this same error with v4 maps purchased directly from VW, they had to take my car and it took over a day, finally they had to update the radio software software before they got the maps to update. But it took a lot of calls to VW Corp to get this straightened out