GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTi APR stage 2 Vs 2015 Camaro SS

patric-beard

Passed Driver's Ed
From a roll he should take him till about 110ish. If he's stage 2 like he says.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Ecliipse

Passed Driver's Ed
From a roll he should take him till about 110ish. If he's stage 2 like he says.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

That sounds about right! Raced a former coworker's '16 SS from a 40 and took him up to about 115 on APR stage 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Zx2man

Ready to race!
That sounds about right! Raced a former coworker's '16 SS from a 40 and took him up to about 115 on APR stage 2.

Regarding this 5th gen Camaro race.... yes, stage 2 mk7 gti can succeed on a roll race. Both of those cars trap 109-111 ish in their current status.

As for you winning vs a 2016 SS. Your coworker was not driving his car right lol.
The 2016 SS has the 455hp lt1 corvette engine. Wil trap 116mph all day.
My brother law has one and it pulls fucking hard.

Either you raced a 5th gen or co worker half assed that race.

Ecliipse

Passed Driver's Ed
Regarding this 5th gen Camaro race.... yes, stage 2 mk7 gti can succeed on a roll race. Both of those cars trap 109-111 ish in their current status.

As for you winning vs a 2016 SS. Your coworker was not driving his car right lol.

Oh hell yeah, the car is a monster. It's auto and he drove it poorly with a lot of spin, only reason I had him as long as I did! Once he hooked it shot up

signkutter

Ready to race!

I try to tell folks that 455 crank and about 430 whp and gobs of torque throughout ... but they wont believe me...I had a 16 SS auto 8 and I now have a stage 2 UNI GTI....no way this GTI is going to beat that SS in a roll race much less a dig...a roll would be less a difference but still a loss...now on the other hand as to which car is the better deal all the way around....well...i'm driving the GTI arent I? :).

I haven't had any experience with a stage 3 IS38 FBO GTI....but unless it's doing less than 4.0 sec 0 to 60 and under 12 sec in the 1/4...the best it can do is tie the 16 ss auto 8 with a competent driver ( and thats if the SS doesnt have DRs on)

Last edited:

digilio86

Ready to race!
I try to tell folks that 455 crank and about 430 whp and gobs of torque throughout ... but they wont believe me...I had a 16 SS auto 8 and I now have a stage 2 UNI GTI....no way this GTI is going to beat that SS in a roll race much less a dig...a roll would be less a difference but still a loss...now on the other hand as to which car is the better deal all the way around....well...i'm driving the GTI arent I? :).

I haven't had any experience with a stage 3 IS38 FBO GTI....but unless it's doing less than 4.0 sec 0 to 60 and under 12 sec in the 1/4...the best it can do is tie the 16 ss auto 8 with a competent driver ( and thats if the SS doesnt have DRs on)

Those 16 camaro ss look really good too. First time I've thought I might consider one over a vette, if I was ever to buy American muscle. (I won't)

The fast is38 cars run mid to lowish 11's and would be right around 4 second 0 to 60 on a good surface, but your not gonna find too many like that.

signkutter

Ready to race!
Those 16 camaro ss look really good too. First time I've thought I might consider one over a vette, if I was ever to buy American muscle. (I won't)

The fast is38 cars run mid to lowish 11's and would be right around 4 second 0 to 60 on a good surface, but your not gonna find too many like that.

From what i have read , anything GTI thats breaking into the 11's is going to be gutted and tweaked to the gills...and that is an awesome accomplishment. But you toss on some DRs on a stock 16 ss with the auto8 and your breakin into the 11's also...toss on an intake and a mild cam and headers...let alone a super charger.....mods are a rabbithole

But like i said before ...I HAD an SS and now I have a GTI...it hauls ass..handles great.. hauls groceries..large cumbersome objects, can seat 4 comfortably..gets good mpg...great visibility and driver\passenger comfort...hell...you can fuck in it or drive cross country in it..... thats why i traded the 16 ss for a GTI

digilio86

Ready to race!
From what i have read , anything GTI thats breaking into the 11's is going to be gutted and tweaked to the gills...and that is an awesome accomplishment. But you toss on some DRs on a stock 16 ss with the auto8 and your breakin into the 11's also...toss on an intake and a mild cam and headers...let alone a super charger.....mods are a rabbithole

But like i said before ...I HAD an SS and now I have a GTI...it hauls ass..handles great.. hauls groceries..large cumbersome objects, can seat 4 comfortably..gets good mpg...great visibility and driver\passenger comfort...hell...you can fuck in it or drive cross country in it..... thats why i traded the 16 ss for a GTI

Nah don't need to be gutted but will need some serious rubber and tweaks to dial out wheel hop.

Must have money burning a hole in your pocket to go from on 16 car to another.

Venumous

Ready to race!
Must have money burning a hole in your pocket to go from on 16 car to another.

All forums should have a financial analyst section for these types of comments. I don't get questioning other's finances, never will.

Zx2man

Ready to race!

100% correct on the 2016+ camaro ss that rides om the Alpha chassis and uses the LT1 direct injection 6.2 liter v8 455 hp

This thread concerns the 5th gen camaro SS vs stage 2 gti.
2015 is a 5th gen. Ls3 motor. 426 hp 3900lb car.
Yes a stage 2 can hang and pull on that car "STOCK" IMO

cal45

Ready to race!
..........But like i said before ...I HAD an SS and now I have a GTI...it hauls ass..handles great.. hauls groceries..large cumbersome objects, can seat 4 comfortably..gets good mpg...great visibility and driver\passenger comfort...hell...you can fuck in it or drive cross country in it..... thats why i traded the 16 ss for a GTI

Agree and right there with ya, especially if you only have the one car. I did something similar last year - my DD was a '15 ZL1 (modded w/just under 600 WHP), loved that car but needed something better than 14 MPG and a little more versatile in regards to carrying cargo/people - traded it in for a '16 R DSG....no regrets (especially after a Unitronic Stage 1+ tune) ;)

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
What was the outcome of this one?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

C'mon ya know the answer lol this thread started on may 6, now it's July 21st. Bet it was a loss and an ugly one at that, so the op disappeared. My bet at least, maybe he's busy modding for a rematch before he posts again