GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sweet 86 GTI on Ebay

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
A nice example of...what? It's a Frankenstein's monster, from the description, with a driver train and body from two different cars?

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I don't fault a transplanted drivetrain from a one-year newer car. I wouldn't buy it without the odo being fixed since I wouldn't want to do it. And I would at least want the AC checked. R12 is very expensive if you can find it so he should have converted the fittings to R134a and checked the pressure so at least you would know what it needs.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
It's a solid mk2. Rust free is a lot harder to come by at least in the midwest.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
The text indicated the drivetrain was from a GLI, not a GTI, or was that not what it said? Hell, most ebay listings are sort of gibberish anyhow.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
The text indicated the drivetrain was from a GLI, not a GTI, or was that not what it said? Hell, most ebay listings are sort of gibberish anyhow.
Honestly the mk2 is getting more and more difficult to find oem. So many motors just fit right in there. The GLI drivetrain 16v swap would have been identicle to the gti 16v. The car most likely had an 8v like mine did. Did The swap gets you 35hp pretty easy with more upside.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
If it fit I'd have dropped in a MK4 1.8T.
It does many people throw that and the vr6 I there. I enjoy my little 8v though lol pushing out 100hp( maybe).

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
Honestly the mk2 is getting more and more difficult to find oem. So many motors just fit right in there. The GLI drivetrain 16v swap would have been identicle to the gti 16v. The car most likely had an 8v like mine did. Did The swap gets you 35hp pretty easy with more upside.

Cool, not something I'm that familiar with. Clearly the people likely to buy this know what's what, though, so it's all copacetic.