GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Are you happy with your folding mirrors?

njswider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
Glad to see you got them installed, def will come in handy when parking. I have a 17 so can't get them to fold on lock yet, or I just haven't searched hard enough for the answer. Now the next little convenience mod for you is an auto dim homelink mirror

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this the only coding issue you have? I don't have my mirrors yet but hopefully in a couple weeks. I will be using Sabo's guide he has a '16 R not '17.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Can someone link to Sabo's DIY guide plz?

thaseint

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI SE 6MT
Also will highly suggest for anyone that does any interior work on their car such as this; invest in some interior trim tools!

Their cheap, $12-20 for a set and no worries about scratching trim pieces or damaging clips/parts. They are all pretty much the same, so no matter who you buy from ECS, SDAP, Amazon, etc...they are completely worth buying.

This is one of the best tool investments I've made and I kicked myself for not buying them sooner when I had my last car. Using metal tools on plastic parts...what was I thinking?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks guys!

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Is this the only coding issue you have? I don't have my mirrors yet but hopefully in a couple weeks. I will be using Sabo's guide he has a '16 R not '17.

Coding I used on my 16 GTI.

42 Drivers Door:
Byte 1, Bit 0
Byte 4, Bit 4 and 6

52 Passenger Door:
Byte 1, Bit 0
Byte 4, Bit 4 and 6

09 BCM:
Adaptation:

Channel:
To:
What it does:

(23)-Access control 2-Funk Spiegelanklappen
- not active (from)
- active (to)
Enables using the remote to fold the mirrors

(24)-Access control 2-Funk Spiegelanklappung Modus
- by convenience operation via remote control key (from)
- by look command via remote control key (to)
Changes from folding by holding the lock button down (like closing windows via key) to fold on lock

(26)-Access control 2-Menuesteuerung Funk Spiegel anklappen
- not active (from)
- active (to)
Enables menu to enable or disable folding on lock within the infotainment settings

Thanks to use "lijetta18t" for summarizing the above coding in another thread. I forget where I found it.

njswider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
I hope to install these tonight but may not have enough daylight, well see. My only concern is I keep hearing about obdeleven/2017 woes but I haven't had any issues with the multiple tweaks I've made so far. Fingers crossed!

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I hope to install these tonight but may not have enough daylight, well see. My only concern is I keep hearing about obdeleven/2017 woes but I haven't had any issues with the multiple tweaks I've made so far. Fingers crossed!

The coding is the easiest part though and can be done separately, after the fact, of course.

Good luck!

njswider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
The coding is the easiest part though and can be done separately, after the fact, of course.

Good luck!

Only had enough time for the drivers side tonight but everything works as expected. My only issue is the mirror doesn’t unfold on unlock from the fob. I’ll look into this more tomorrow when I do the passenger side. Also, does the fold/unfold not work with the door dimple for kessy?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Only had enough time for the drivers side tonight but everything works as expected. My only issue is the mirror doesn’t unfold on unlock from the fob. I’ll look into this more tomorrow when I do the passenger side. Also, does the fold/unfold not work with the door dimple for kessy?

If you apply all of the coding from my last post (#96) they will fold/unfold with the key fob lock/unlock. And yes, the same expected functionality works via KESSY.

njswider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
If you apply all of the coding from my last post (#96) they will fold/unfold with the key fob lock/unlock. And yes, the same expected functionality works via KESSY.

I used your coding and double checked this morning, still no dice. I’ll mess around with it, at the moment they unfold after 10 seconds or so from being unlocked.. nothing to do with ignition on or not. I’m sure there’s a setting for it somewhere haha

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Did you enable the new infotainment menu option that this coding adds?

May not be relevant to your lock/unlock issue since the menu option "fold away after parked".

nype

Drag Racing Champion
You could also try resetting the wipers/mirrors settings to defaults via the infotainment menu. And then re-apply the desired settings.

I've had to do this for some previous VCDS coding to be recognized.

Mk7user

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 2015
Question for those that bought their mirrors from Aliexpress: did you use the original link in the OP?

I used it on Tuesday & transaction went through.
But today the link comes up 404 can't find page.
Can't locate an associated seller page anymore either anymore.

My confirm says seller has 4 days to get it processed but not sure I want to do business with a seller that is not around per say anymore.
And package is still processing.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
You could also try resetting the wipers/mirrors settings to defaults via the infotainment menu. And then re-apply the desired settings.

I've had to do this for some previous VCDS coding to be recognized.

When Installed my mirrors it took a while for the car to react to the coding for some reason I drove it to the store and when I cam back to the car the mirrors when in and out when locking :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk