GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Mods (interior & exterior modifications)

Old 08-15-2017, 02:03 PM   #1514
lijetta18t

Drives: 2015 Mk7 Golf S w/SR 5MT
Been watching this thread for a while now but figured that I would finally reply. Here are my LED tail lights in operation video. Camera died very quickly (crummy cheap replacement batteries) so it was cut short but I believe I captured almost all of the operations.

Before you ask, I am not using a harness but added in all of the extra wiring which matches the factory wiring. I did this with my last pre-facelift tail lights a few years ago and added three additional wires for the facelift tail lights to wire them as close as possible to factory.

Here is the video for my old pre-facelift lights: (not shown but all hatch lights turn off, including signals, when the hatch opens)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYkH_m6WHIE

And with the facelift tail lights. When I open the hatch, you will see that the inner signals turn off and the dynamic signals so the outers work like normal signals for safety. Not shown is that single sided parking lights are operational.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuPMWEjGunA&t=2s

I have a request for any RoW cars with factory installed facelift tail lights: I am looking for an adaption map on the factory coding. I know that without a BCM upgrade, ill never get true factory operation but I would like to still see a copy.

Last edited by lijetta18t; 08-15-2017 at 03:54 PM.
lijetta18t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 05:39 PM   #1515
Jersh

Drives: '17 GTI SE, '06 M3 Convertible
I ordered mine on the 11th and purchased a harness from JBale as well. As of right now they're still preparing the order, but they should show up around the same time as the harness as long as everything goes smoothly.
Jersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 07:50 PM   #1516
Devin

Drives: 2015 Volkswagen GTI SE DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by lijetta18t View Post
Been watching this thread for a while now but figured that I would finally reply. Here are my LED tail lights in operation video. Camera died very quickly (crummy cheap replacement batteries) so it was cut short but I believe I captured almost all of the operations.

Before you ask, I am not using a harness but added in all of the extra wiring which matches the factory wiring. I did this with my last pre-facelift tail lights a few years ago and added three additional wires for the facelift tail lights to wire them as close as possible to factory.

Here is the video for my old pre-facelift lights: (not shown but all hatch lights turn off, including signals, when the hatch opens)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYkH_m6WHIE

And with the facelift tail lights. When I open the hatch, you will see that the inner signals turn off and the dynamic signals so the outers work like normal signals for safety. Not shown is that single sided parking lights are operational.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuPMWEjGunA&t=2s

I have a request for any RoW cars with factory installed facelift tail lights: I am looking for an adaption map on the factory coding. I know that without a BCM upgrade, ill never get true factory operation but I would like to still see a copy.
Interested in the coding changes you made for the hatch /light behavior if you are willing to share or point to another source.
Devin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:10 AM   #1517
lijetta18t

Drives: 2015 Mk7 Golf S w/SR 5MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin View Post
Interested in the coding changes you made for the hatch /light behavior if you are willing to share or point to another source.
If you used the harness from Jeremy, he can tell you how to so I would suggest emailing him. It will, however, not stop the signals on the hatch from still blinking as it is physically impossible.

At least, without the additional wiring I performed from the BCM back to the lights.

Last edited by lijetta18t; Yesterday at 01:40 AM.
lijetta18t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:51 AM   #1518
rotaryguy

Drives: 2017 MK7 Golf R
My Non Fog set has been dispatched from cars245 as well and I can track it on usps web site already. Ordered August 7th. At this rate I will have my lights before my harness from JBale, wish I had found this thread sooner. So impatient...
rotaryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:37 PM   #1519
crild

Drives: MK7 R
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotaryguy View Post
My Non Fog set has been dispatched from cars245 as well and I can track it on usps web site already. Ordered August 7th. At this rate I will have my lights before my harness from JBale, wish I had found this thread sooner. So impatient...
Pretty sure this thread has stayed on page 1 of cosmetic mods from the beginning tho.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
crild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:40 PM   #1520
Amiroquai

Drives: 2017 Golf R
Question:

Currently have my stock tails coded to Kencha Mod V2. Looking to install new FL tails next weekend.

When installing new FL tails, should I revert back to stock code and then apply Jbale's code or can I jump straight from Kencha to Jbale's?
Amiroquai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:46 PM   #1521
njswider

Drives: MK7 R DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiroquai View Post
Question:

Currently have my stock tails coded to Kencha Mod V2. Looking to install new FL tails next weekend.

When installing new FL tails, should I revert back to stock code and then apply Jbale's code or can I jump straight from Kencha to Jbale's?

Right now Iím on the four/five light mod, I plan on going back to stock first just to be 100% sure and save any potential headaches.
njswider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:48 PM   #1522
JBale

Drives: 2015 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiroquai View Post
Question:

Revert all of the tail light coding prior to performing the new changes. It will be much less of a headache that way.
JBale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:01 PM   #1523
Amiroquai

Drives: 2017 Golf R
Thanks for the confirmation!
Amiroquai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:24 PM   #1524
rotaryguy

Drives: 2017 MK7 Golf R
Quote:
Originally Posted by crild View Post
Pretty sure this thread has stayed on page 1 of cosmetic mods from the beginning tho.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
I bet it has - I was just late to the game.
rotaryguy is offline   Reply With Quote