GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
"Don't get a BOV because you will hear the BOV randomly go off all the time?"

You realize our cars don't come with a blow off valve and just a dv right? They sound nothing at all like the same thing. Not even close. I've heard people say "don't get a BOV just get an open intake it's the same thing" that too is false.

You people need to do your research before giving advice because neither of those two stories even sound remotely the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Umm... Pretty sure he knows that based on what he said. Replacing the DV with a BOV makes happy sounds, his point was that the stock DV bleeds pressure frequently. With a BOV in its place you hear that bleeding as a steady hiss while driving from time to time, not just the big whoosh after shifting.

Riptide09

Infected by the Mod bug
Umm... Pretty sure he knows that based on what he said. Replacing the DV with a BOV makes happy sounds, his point was that the stock DV bleeds pressure frequently. With a BOV in its place you hear that bleeding as a steady hiss while driving from time to time, not just the big whoosh after shifting.

Again not true at all

Riptide09

Infected by the Mod bug
If any of you all are experiencing leaks out of your stock DV then that's crazy. When I had mine I had zero leaks out of my dv and it didn't give off a BOV sound.

MaxM97

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 Alltrack SEL 6MT
"Don't get a BOV because you will hear the BOV randomly go off all the time?"

You realize our cars don't come with a blow off valve and just a dv right? They sound nothing at all like the same thing. Not even close. I've heard people say "don't get a BOV just get an open intake it's the same thing" that too is false.

You people need to do your research before giving advice because neither of those two stories even sound remotely the same.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Diggs was referring to the way the stock DV recirculates air per ECU operation, not the noise it makes.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Again not true at all

Dude, I have one. Stock DV does what it says, silently. Diverts.

Aftermarket BOV vents to atmosphere and you can hear it. I can also hear it under steady throttle when the car decides to let some pressure out, albeit much quieter than after aggressive shifting.

Sub-to-Dub

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 GTI Sport 6MT
Got a few things to help improve the shifting experience:

-034 dogbone mount
-Sigma 6 shifter (beautiful product!)
-IE solid shift cable bracket bushings
-OEM solid shift cable bracket

I've never owned a car with so much aftermarket support, this is dangerous!

Last edited:

BananaSlug

Ready to race!

BananaSlug

Ready to race!
So, which set of Eibach springs are those? What is the expected amount of lowering achieved with them?

Eibach Pro-Kit lowers 1". I will post pics after it settles and I get an alignment.

Last edited:

tknj99

Ready to race!
AFE Pro Dry Drop-In Filter.. i already cutout the driver side intake grill the other day so this is the best its gonna get with stock airbox.. feels good...