GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The intake game is just getting silly

Riptide09

Infected by the Mod bug
Do intakes actually increase power on the EA888 platform? Like...is there any actual dyno proof that HASN'T been posted by the vendor/manufacturers?

I know on the WRX's they do absolutely nothing but increase the intake spooling and swish swish sounds from the BPV and make it much harder to tune. This seems to be the case with most turbo platforms, especially modern ones. Factory intakes are typically capable of flowing plenty of air, its the exhausts/charge pipes that are the restrictions.

Definitely not $1000+ worth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
The Kevlar means it's bullet proof!

And light weight!
The Kevlar intake reduces front end weight, yielding better balance and weight distribution for better handling.
Less weight equals faster.

Riptide09

Infected by the Mod bug
And light weight!
The Kevlar intake reduces front end weight, yielding better balance and weight distribution for better handling.
Less weight equals faster.

Because we all know how much unnecessary weight those intakes add. Smdh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Still waiting for proof for those outrageous power increase claims for a stock Golf R. I just emailed Eventuri. And look at their own dyno - they claim 25 HP gain at redline but only 15 at the junction.

And just remember, there is no way to measure HP.

Last edited:

miked617

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
21 VW GTI
Engine dyno or roll on dyno?
I think dynos use a calculation of torque and rotational speed to "measure" horsepower. I think Fed is being literal but you both are technically correct.