GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oettinger Wing/Lip/Bumper

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
@Beaker - Try using Google Translate (or some equivalent) to translate the page to english.
Thanks. Ended up ordering it. Went a different route to get it but pretty happy nontheless.

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
Parts arrived going in for paint tomorrow.

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
Parts are on.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Parts are on.

How much did you pay to paint? Also, how well was it color matched for Orxy White Pearl? I'm more interested in the color matching as I was told it's hard to color match this paint...

Thanks.

edge04

Ready to race!
I like the front splitter and rear diffuser but not crazy abut the wing, to each their own. Is it just cosmetics or has anyone done any track testing with these?

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
How much did you pay to paint? Also, how well was it color matched for Orxy White Pearl? I'm more interested in the color matching as I was told it's hard to color match this paint...

Thanks.
Paint was $340 as I tipped the painter $40. That was for all three pieces. Roof spoiler, front spoiler and splitter. The color match went well. Had to take the car in for the perfect match on my car which was one base coat, 3 pearl coats and then clear.

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
I like the front splitter and rear diffuser but not crazy abut the wing, to each their own. Is it just cosmetics or has anyone done any track testing with these?
All these pieces are functional and were tested in a wind tunnel according to Oettinger. Not tracking the car so not a huge deal for me. This was also confirmed by Racingline.

Last edited:
Wow. Very sharp!

I was interested in the Osir vented hood when I saw they finally had one for the MK7. I love the look, then they told me the cost. $3,229 pluse $290 shipping.

I really should thank them for being insane. One less thing I will even consider buying.

Great choices and great look, Beaker!

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
Wow. Very sharp!

I was interested in the Osir vented hood when I saw they finally had one for the MK7. I love the look, then they told me the cost. $3,229 pluse $290 shipping.

I really should thank them for being insane. One less thing I will even consider buying.

Great choices and great look, Beaker!
Thanks man!! Hope you are doing great!!

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
How do you think it affects your approach angle?
So far so good in fact I can get it up the ramp to my lift with no problem and that parking space across from my house I went up no problem. Assuming huge speed bumps might be an issue but not as low as the Vette was so I'm hopeful!

I really want to get over and see your whip and show off my exhaust. Sorry the kids exploded last night.

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
I really want to get over and see your whip and show off my exhaust. Sorry the kids exploded last night.
Never a worry. You know me! Dealing with a new puppy right now and she's a handful for sure!

Mk7 Ben

Hey

Hey man, I just read the story, thanks so much for sharing this, and your car looks so nice:cool:, i just wanted to know that like which web did you finally bought those and how much did you pay for it? Coz i just got my new 17 golf r and im planning to get a set of Oettinger spoiler and wings! And I'm in Canada, so i think we are in the similar situation. Thanks for sharing.