GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

US spec 2018 Tiguan Revealed

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
It says it has a 2.0 but has 184HP, which is what the 1.8 has?? Does it have the GTI engine and the IS12?

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
That third row has to be claustrophobic.:eek:

Seats up:

Seats down:

Current Tiguan:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
New Tiguan looks huge. Seems to be as big as any other 3 row SUV (Pilot, Cx9 etc)
Not a bad amount of room in 3rd row and with all rows up, cargo room looks pretty good. About as much as in my CX9.

Wonder how much bigger the Atlas is then. Seems like they would be very close in size looking at these pics.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Why White or Light colors!!!!!!

Ok the 3rd row looks better than I thought.

But, why do they put these light color seats in cars?
Go to a 3-4 day car show and go on the last day.
Look at what the light seats look like.

After 100's of people have climbed in over and over the seats will have blue smears all over them and mainly on the door side. Blue jeans will stain the seats. A car show will show what the seats will look like after 2-3 years.

Looks good in show room, sucks in life.

For that matter all Black interiors are terrible. Look cool when clean I will agree.
If I could change one thing on my GTI it would be to have brown leather seats like Euro cars and have a lighter interior but not WHITE!

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
I sure wouldn't want to put anyone I cared about in those 3rd row seats. In a rear end collision those seats are in the crumple zone.

yo_marc

Ready to race!
I wonder if the lower power output is from VW retuning HP / Torque off the top to boost it down low. Different intake, tuning, turbo housing. Something like that. I know Chrysler at least used to do that across car and SUV models that share powertrains.

Maybe I am too optimistic though.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
snobrdrdan - thanks for the pics. Would you say your Passat has more rear leg room?

Than the Tiguan's 2nd row?

I haven't seen the Tiguan in person yet, though the NAIAS show is right up the road from me & not open to the public yet (found all those pics online)....but the Passat's back seat/room is HUGE, even with the front seats all the way back.

No other sedan comes close to it, IMO. It's like a (poor man's) A8, lol

The current Tig's 2nd row isn't bad/uncomfortable for adults though (it's seating position), btw. But the Passat definitely has more room

Last edited:

gti330ex

Go Kart Newbie
Than the Tiguan's 2nd row?

I haven't seen the Tiguan in person yet, though the NAIAS show is right up the road from me & not open to the public yet (found all those pics online)....but the Passat's back seat/room is HUGE, even with the front seats all the way back.

No other sedan comes close to it, IMO. It's like a (poor man's) A8, lol

The current Tig's 2nd row isn't bad/uncomfortable for adults though (it's seating position), btw. But the Passat definitely has more room

Yea, the 2nd row on the new Tiguan.

Oh ok, I assumed you were there and you snapped them yourself. I know, the room is really amazing. It's one of the main reasons Passat is on top of my list in that segment. But also do like the way new Tig looks, and the ease a larger vehicle provides when it comes to strapping a kid in as there is no bending over.

Haha, true dat!

gti330ex

Go Kart Newbie
Very true.
My wife keeps crying how she "needs" a bigger SUV (she really doesn't), so this might fit the bill perfectly
Hahaha. I don't blame her.
We have a 2dr GTI with an infant right now and the two biggest problem areas are trunk space and cramped interior. With the kid behind the passenger seat, she has no room upfront so she prefers to climb in behind me (driver) for more comfort - making my seating position less comfortable, lol. So i can see where your wife is coming from, considering the current/older Tig is not much more spacious.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk