GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Helix programmer/dongle in Mass/RI area?

yo_marc

Ready to race!
Hi all --

Anyone in the Southern Worcester county, Northern Bristol County, or Rhode Island area have a Helix programmer/dongle they are willing to rent for the programming process?

Or, can anyone in those areas point to a dealer that'll do it for a reasonable price?

I recently just picked up a soundbox. Looking to install it sometime in the next couple of weeks. Willing to meet up of course.

Thanks!

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
My dealer charged 100 to change the software. Made a massive difference too. I tried to find the box used for rent But it took too long. You may be able to get it done cheaper too since it takes all of 5 mins. I had them do some other stuff so i wasnt throwing all my money away

Last edited:

yo_marc

Ready to race!
Nice -- thanks for the feedback on that. I am still in the hunt for the programmer/dongle.

I should have got on one of those rental lists on the forum here a while back. I assumed the lists would die down by now. They've only gotten longer. Oh well...... priorities.

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
I know it's a hike from you but Valenti VW in CT has it and will program it for free when you get there. The guy in parts has the dongle and he is very friendly and knowledgeable. Also a few new rental threads are up, doesn't take much to just PM the newest one and get on the list.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
You can go on my list. I'm only at $20 + shipping to the next person (plus a refundable deposit)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elterrible

Passed Driver's Ed
I know it's a hike from you but Valenti VW in CT has it and will program it for free when you get there. The guy in parts has the dongle and he is very friendly and knowledgeable. Also a few new rental threads are up, doesn't take much to just PM the newest one and get on the list.

Did you have an appointment? I dropped by there a few days ago and the guys at the parts desk never heard of it and made me make an appointment, Ill let you guys know how it goes in a few days. Ill bring pictures of the thing and the manual in case nobody familiar with it is there that day.