GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

chirikotoji

Passed Driver's Ed
An intercooler isn't the reason for this amount of lose.

Wrong, there's been plenty of dynos of other cars where they swapped to a Wagner intercooler and gained like 20whp over their last aftermarket like a fmic on the Mk7.

Ricked_Em

Go Kart Champion
Wrong, there's been plenty of dynos of other cars where they swapped to a Wagner intercooler and gained like 20whp over their last aftermarket like a fmic on the Mk7.

Agreed, especially after he said "3 runs back to back." Intercooler isnt a gain it's just not losing power haha.

Perry01

Ready to race!
Agreed, especially after he said "3 runs back to back." Intercooler isnt a gain it's just not losing power haha.

I'ts quite simple. Cooler air has more oxygen per volume and the more oxygen entering the combustion chamber, the more power the engine produces.

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Doesn't seem like an intercooler / heat soak problem to me guys. If it were I would expect to see a big difference between power on his pulls.... well depending on how close together they were I guess. Even with no upgraded intercooler you should be able to get at least one good pull. I can post my last dyno sheet where I wasn't given a fan and didn't let the car cool down before running if you want to see what heat soak looks like, and that was with an upgraded IC. I lost 50 WHP between pull one and pull two.

I agree with Oblivious though, everyone should log when they dyno so you can see hat is going on during the pull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ricked_Em

Go Kart Champion
Doesn't seem like an intercooler / heat soak problem to me guys. If it were I would expect to see a big difference between power on his pulls.... well depending on how close together they were I guess.

Even with a hour long wait it still couldn't have cooled down that much. The only time I have taken mine to the track my first run was the best and went down .2 every run after (did 3 runs. 13.6, 13.8 14.0)even with it getting cooler out and 45 min of rest in between runs.........stock intercooler just sucks haha

Mr.boles

Ready to race!
Come on man, clearly everyone is not hitting 320whp when multiple people are coming forward with lower dyno numbers.

I agree but not as low as your numbers usually ed stage 2 ht puts down 295-325hp and 345-395tq depending on the Dyno your numbers are in no way normal

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Dyno numbers don't mean much without a baseline. You know of any other cars that have dynoed there and know the numbers? Trap speed on the track would give you a better idea of how much power your car is making.

ConstantR

Eurodyne No Available Files...?

Hey whats up MK7 gang! I own a 2017 Golf R (as of March 13th, 2017) and my Eurodyne Flash Tool came in yesterday (March 22nd, 2017). Everything was going smoothly (aside from the Flash Cable ID problem), but I got to the pop up screen where it shows u how many credits you have and where it asks u to choose a tune from the Eurodyne data base. Im looking specifically for the 93oct stage 1.5 tune. My problem is that I keep getting the messege saying that there are "no files available for the ECU part number...". My part number ends with the letter "K" and im wondering if there are any tunes out for my ECU on the Eurodyne database? Or if there are any in the works? Is there anything else im missing to download from the Eurodyne website? Is anyone else out there with a 2017 Golf R having a similar problem? Any help in the matter will be greatly appreciated. Keep modding out there Gang and keep chasing that HP!

ConstantR

As per their site, they have your year set up.

Are you able to flash stage 1 fine?

Nope not even that, nothing shows up. Not even the stock flash. I did get in contact with someone at Eurodyne through the support email. Im assuming that its the infamous Chris that ive been hearing about. He said something to the effect of "We have an ECU on its way to us with the latest version 0002 software that you have, we should have it extracted and uploaded in the next week or so." But on a few videos ive seen where people have been flashing their GolfR, they also are running version 0002 and those vids were uploaded in 2015.

Last edited:

Iceman2

Nope not even that, nothing shows up. Not even the stock flash. I did get in contact with someone at Eurodyne through the support email. Im assuming that its the infamous Chris that ive been hearing about. He said something to the effect of "We have an ECU on its way to us with the latest version 0002 software that you have, we should have it extracted and uploaded in the next week or so." But on a few videos ive seen where people have been flashing their GolfR, they also are running version 0002 and those vids were uploaded in 2015.

Your ecu does not have the same part number as the 2015 ECU. So it looks like Chris dont have the new 002 file for your 2017 ECU at the moment. Problem with this new simos ecu is that is not possible to read out file from ecu by OBD. Only ID read and writh. So if he dont have the file, he need to find corect ecu with that new 002 software and then read out the file from ecu in bench mode. After that he modify the the file to stage 1/2 spec. and uppload it to server so you can download.

ConstantR

Your ecu does not have the same part number as the 2015 ECU. So it looks like Chris dont have the new 002 file for your 2017 ECU at the moment. Problem with this new simos ecu is that is not possible to read out file from ecu by OBD. Only ID read and writh. So if he dont have the file, he need to find corect ecu with that new 002 software and then read out the file from ecu in bench mode. After that he modify the the file to stage 1/2 spec. and uppload it to server so you can download.

OK kool, thanks for that bro! I guess I'm just playing with a waiting game at this point. Guess I'll just order some more parts and skip right to stage 2. Hopefully by then Eurodyne has got what I need. Any idea or estimate on how long will that take?:confused:

spelk3

Ready to race!
Car(s)
‘17 BMW xDrive35i
OK kool, thanks for that bro! I guess I'm just playing with a waiting game at this point. Guess I'll just order some more parts and skip right to stage 2. Hopefully by then Eurodyne has got what I need. Any idea or estimate on how long will that take?:confused:

Have you emailed Eurodyne with your issues? That's the best place to start.

oheyitskev

Ready to race!
Has anyone had experience switching from ED to another tuner? Is the stock file the original stock file or a copy made by ED? I ask because Im having overboost issues and limp mode after flashing Um software for the CTS boss 500 kit. Hardware wise everything seems to be functioning correctly, so um said the file may have been corrupted during the flash, not sure if it was just bad luck or if the having ED could've caused this, thoughts?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

koniu77

Passed Driver's Ed
Has anyone had experience switching from ED to another tuner? Is the stock file the original stock file or a copy made by ED? I ask because Im having overboost issues and limp mode after flashing Um software for the CTS boss 500 kit. Hardware wise everything seems to be functioning correctly, so um said the file may have been corrupted during the flash, not sure if it was just bad luck or if the having ED could've caused this, thoughts?

I went from ed to cobb and just installed the cobb stock file first and then the tune, I did that because cobb flashing is a lot quicker but the car is running fine and I have no overboost problems.