GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

First Golf !

Chriso132

Hi,

Just signed up on this as it seems like a really good forum ! Picking up my Black golf GTD tomorrow. 64 plate but only done 15k. I've currently got a 13 Focus ST which I did love but started to feel a bit tacky and cheap. Especially after driving my dads brand new S5 ! Decided to go for something German and always loved the look of golfs. Will miss the extra power of the ST but will definitely not miss the low MPG. Hard to drive without a heavy right foot !
I'm planning to get it mapped. I also seen those tuning boxes that supposedly claim 240bhp and 500nm but that seems hard to believe. I messaged a guy that's mobile and will come to me to map it. £225 and claims 225bhp and 460nm. Does that seem realistic ? If anyone else has suggestions for mods then please let me know !

Thanks

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I'd stay away from the cheap mapping, you'll get bad results come MOT time....

With diesels more so than petrol's get the best fuel as the additive packages are what you pay for, & diesels have ERG & PDF problems cunking up on cheaper fuels...

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Im from the US, so i dont quite understand what the plate number designations stand for over there. What does "64 plate" mean in the UK?

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Judging from context clues it sounds like an arbitrary way to define its build date.

Mikeyd1

Ready to race!
Im from the US, so i dont quite understand what the plate number designations stand for over there. What does "64 plate" mean in the UK?

64 plate means it was registered after September 2014. If it was before September it would of been just a 14 reg. it's a bit weird I know