Weight Reduction
Street Tires
Sunoco GT260+

Montgomery Raceway Park
March 21st, 2017
1,625 Density Altitude

Mk72015

Ready to race!
Pretty sure the kit is 5K$ and that includes everything, built engine i wanna say 3-4K$
and labor about 3-4K

$11-13K does that seem right ?

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
When will this be ready for Europe?

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Sounds like $30K in mods including labor.

Boy you are really a bummer.

Great numbers! Breaking into the 10s is tough enough, take into consideration that a car with (possibly) 100 more wheel HP is holding the "world record" right now at only 2/10ths of a second faster in the 1/4 mile, though I believe the trap speed was 136mph. Getting that fast, power really is exponential for improvement.

This is a seriously fast car without TOO TOO much invested to get there.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Pretty sure the kit is 5K$ and that includes everything, built engine i wanna say 3-4K$
and labor about 3-4K

$11-13K does that seem right ?

Don't forget the clutch packs (and support mods like IC, Fuel System, Exhaust), so you're looking at the same labor as a clutch install plus a few hours, and a DSG fluid service. I think Arin was pretty close at $15k in parts, plus your $3-4k in labor. All in, $60k for a mid 10 second Golf R? Not too bad I suppose, if that's your goal.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI

Mk72015

Ready to race!
Don't forget the clutch packs (and support mods like IC, Fuel System, Exhaust), so you're looking at the same labor as a clutch install plus a few hours, and a DSG fluid service. I think Arin was pretty close at $15k in parts, plus your $3-4k in labor. All in, $60k for a mid 10 second Golf R? Not too bad I suppose, if that's your goal.

I thought the kit came with the down pipe and intercooler and all that ? fueling.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
I thought the kit came with the down pipe and intercooler and all that ? fueling.

Kit? You mean the turbo? Just a turbo, fitting bits and the tune for $5500. Great kit, don't mean to downplay it.

Downpipe, IC, the fueling kit that makes this Stage 3(PLUS) (intake pipe, MPI injectors/rail, etc.) are all separate. ($900, $900, and $1500 respectively)