GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2016+ Clubsport Modifications - Part Numbers

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
Clubsport is CJXE engine code (Euro versions at least; Replicate, if you hear me, how
about downunder?), while Clubsport S is CJXG engine code, same as TTS (310 PS).

ooʇ ǝɹǝɥ uʍop ƎXſƆ sǝ⅄

Last edited:

urbanexplorer

Does anyone have the ability to lookup what part numbers would be involved in a Clubsport S battery swap? I have heard it is a 44Ah and is a bit smaller. The tray/tiedown I would suspect may be the same but the battery and battery cover would be smaller.

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
Ah I didn't realize they didn't come with the side air bags.

I know it's almost beating a dead horse but, is everything about the seats different than the stock seats?

I really want better seats, even if it ends up being eventually. If the base is the same between say a S/SE seat and the Clubsport seats, it's one less part to buy at least...with that being said though, with them not coming with the airbags in them, I may just end up going aftermarket that work with the stock seat base.

To me, the base in the CS feels like it has firmer bolstering. But the shape is pretty similar if not identical.

Does anyone have the ability to lookup what part numbers would be involved in a Clubsport S battery swap? I have heard it is a 44Ah and is a bit smaller. The tray/tiedown I would suspect may be the same but the battery and battery cover would be smaller.
Sorry, I'm not able to check for the corresponding part number,
but let me say, that I strongly believe you're fine with any high
quality battery of at least 20 Ah when used in the summer only,
ideally an AGM battery. When you want to run it all year round,
~44 Ah is the way to go.

ooʇ ǝɹǝɥ uʍop ƎXſƆ sǝ⅄
Thank you my friend! :)

Would you mind sharing how to turn the letters? Please don't say
I need to move downunder. :D

urbanexplorer

Sorry, I'm not able to check for the corresponding part number,
but let me say, that I strongly believe you're fine with any high
quality battery of at least 20 Ah when used in the summer only,
ideally an AGM battery. When you want to run it all year round,
~44 Ah is the way to go.

The stock battery in my car is 68Ah and is huge. What part number comes in the Regular Clubsport? I was figuring someone had access to some system where these part numbers are located (maybe not). Based on my research it may be a group size 26 battery (UK) of some kind, but I am not sure.

Last edited:
The stock battery in my car is 68Ah and is huge. What part number comes in the Regular Clubsport? I was figuring someone had access to some system where these part numbers are located (maybe not). Based on my research it may be a group size 26 battery (UK) of some kind, but I am not sure.
Clubsport S battery part number probably is '000 915 105 DB', since I couldn't
find any different number for a 44 Ah OE item. That one will fit onto the tray,
as it definitely is used on the Mk.VII platform.
From what I remember my regular Clubsport came with the same 68 Ah battery
as virtually any GTI. There may exist some exceptions for arctic climate markets
though. Hope this helps. If you want to try them, search for 'ETKA' and 'ETOS'.
There are some sources, most of them Russian.

;)

replicate

Go Kart Newbie

Take a look at my build thread. Shows the Fullriver HC20 I'm running on a custom mount which was very easy to make. Also shows a picture of the factory Clubsport battery with some part numbers on it.
It's a great weight saving only downside is the start stop can't activate as often. May be a plus to some that don't like it. :D

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28653

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
We should all give Breaking Badly a big round of applause.

He's been a great source for P/N's and information. :D

nype

Drag Racing Champion
We all appreciate his efforts ...absolutely.

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
https://instagram.com/p/BPi3BjkjW1b/

I bought a short net and bar from RS Parts, which can be used with the back seats folded down. The full size net in the link above can only be used with the seats removed, like the CSS one.

If seats are folded back up, we'll need to remove the bar/net right?

Any pictures of yours Matt? Interested to see how they look with the rear seats folded in a 4 door.