GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Seven

paulkromz

Drag Racing Champion
I give this one a month before it's broke

I miss "us"

speaking of dumb car parts, someone needs to make a lower engine cover in CF for all the carbon fiber nutswinging kiddos.

Mels15GTI

Ready to race!
I swear I saw your green rabbit at a show once. I believe it was waterwagens at PIR/SIR in the early 2000's. Beautiful car. For that matter all of your rabbits are sweet!

paulkromz

Drag Racing Champion
I swear I saw your green rabbit at a show once. I believe it was waterwagens at PIR/SIR in the early 2000's. Beautiful car. For that matter all of your rabbits are sweet!

Thanks. Yup its an Oregon MK1 that a guy by the screen name vw89 then sold to Mikey Tolliver (outside of Seattle) and he had it for about a decade. I met him back them and kept harassing him for about the entire decade until he sold it to me. By the time I got my hands on it the car had been badly dinged up in a garage accident at Mike's house.

All of my MK1s were from the PNW.

Best place to buy old cars!! <3

Best,

Paul

Last edited:

Mels15GTI

Ready to race!

This is my last clean Mk2, I really liked this one! It was an 86. I picked up and 87 for my kids first car, it's nowhere near as nice, not bad for a kids first car. All the dubs that come down from Canada and up from Oregon make for some good shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paulkromz

Drag Racing Champion

This is my last clean Mk2, I really liked this one! It was an 86. I picked up and 87 for my kids first car, it's nowhere near as nice, not bad for a kids first car. All the dubs that come down from Canada and up from Oregon make for some good shows.

Ahh, the elusive MK2. The only Mark that I have never had .... Scirocco 2's (bought one as a donor car for the 16v engine) are technically on the MK1 platform, so that doesn't count. I have always wanted a Rallye Golf.

So you still have the 87?

I really love the PNW because there are so many old cars out there. You guys are so damn lucky.

I do miss the PNW. You guys really know how to live. Totally opposite to the "white and uptight" east coast idiots (that I am!). Nothing that clears my mind like seeing a mountain that is 100 miles away from you dominate the landscape. Its quite humbling! I miss it!

Oh and I miss the Mac n Jack's African Amber too ;)

Best,

Paul

paulkromz

Drag Racing Champion
Wow really like your style and taste. The MK1, MK5 and current build look great!

Thanks! you are really too kind. I really love Volkswagens so very much. Its just been such a long ride on the VW scene that sometimes I feel like I need a change..... always seem to find myself coming back though ;)

Best,

Paul

Mels15GTI

Ready to race!
Ahh, the elusive MK2. The only Mark that I have never had .... Scirocco 2's (bought one as a donor car for the 16v engine) are technically on the MK1 platform, so that doesn't count. I have always wanted a Rallye Golf.

So you still have the 87?

I really love the PNW because there are so many old cars out there. You guys are so damn lucky.

I do miss the PNW. You guys really know how to live. Totally opposite to the "white and uptight" east coast idiots (that I am!). Nothing that clears my mind like seeing a mountain that is 100 miles away from you dominate the landscape. Its quite humbling! I miss it!

Oh and I miss the Mac n Jack's African Amber too ;)

Best,

Paul

I have these two, wife's summer car. The only generation I haven't owned is the mk5. I really do enjoy the VWs.

paulkromz

Drag Racing Champion
ahhh....................two rock stock 8v?

love me some cabrio. Especially the Cabrio 3.5 with the MK4 bits dash, etc.

Best,

Paul

Mels15GTI

Ready to race!
ahhh....................two rock stock 8v?

love me some cabrio. Especially the Cabrio 3.5 with the MK4 bits dash, etc.

Best,

Paul

Engine wise they are both stock, both on coilovers, I kept the jetta up a little higher, so the kid wouldn't bottom out on speed bumps. New driver and all.i put a badgeless grill in it and I'm going to pick her up some smoke ecodes. She isn't into it much, most of the mods will be cosmetic, unless she someday wants it faster. The cabrio struggles over the speed bumps, I've been trying to talk my wife into some turbo wheels, she wants it faster, but not too loud.