GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RE-71R

CDN_MKV

Wakka Wakka
Car(s)
07 UG GTI
Cool. What rims do you have them on? Do you have a pic of them on the rim/car?

Bigsnoop144

Ready to race!
They are by far the quickest 200TW tire you can get. However, they wear too fast to be a good HPDE tire in my opinion. I'll be lucky to get 6-8K out of my set on my 2100 pound Miata.

My buddies been running them, hes at about 10k miles with maybe 50% tread left. Really depends on what your doing with the car, and you gotta make sure you get a hell of a good alignment hah

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Just put them on my car 245/40/18 and i freaking love them. Handling wise and grip wise. i can actually do 20 roll's now :D:D.

I have the older cousin (RE-11) on OZ Leggera wheels.
Love them and wearing good.
Soon to go back on for Summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
I have gone through about 4 sets of these now, on a Street/Stock class car it is good for about 140 runs of autocrosses if you rotate and flip them regularly.

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
I have the older cousin (RE-11) on OZ Leggera wheels.
Love them and wearing good.
Soon to go back on for Summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

How wide you running? 245 seems it would have rub issues - especially lowered on VWRs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
How wide you running? 245 seems it would have rub issues - especially lowered on VWRs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

235/40R18. RE-11
Wheels OZ Leggera Bright Race Gray. 18X8.
No spacers. No running.
Not as flush as OE wheels with ECS flush kit but close.

I DD my GTI but wanted to try summer tires.
They work well in rain. Will see as they wear.
Had on last summer for 8 months, around 11,000 miles.
Will measure tread usage before I mount this Spring.
Hold like rails in turns compared to all season.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
They are by far the quickest 200TW tire you can get. However, they wear too fast to be a good HPDE tire in my opinion. I'll be lucky to get 6-8K out of my set on my 2100 pound Miata.

We call them cheater tires in the track club that I'm with :rolleyes:

They act like an R compound for the most part. Those and BFG Rival-S are both awesome but as you said they just don't last.

I only got 4 track days from my Rival-S last season :mad:

This season I went with Ventus Hankook RS3 hoping to get a little more life out of them. Buying 2 sets of tires in a season sucks.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
don't know firsthand but re-71r have mixed reviews with some folks at our autox club: conventional wisdom is: if you want the grippiest, go with the re-71r. if you don't mind having 2% less grip, go with something else and get twice as many runs treadwear wise.

either way, I'm jealous [emoji14]

Sent from mobile

Panzrwagn

2% less grip on a 50sec AX course is about a 1 sec difference. The difference between a win and an also-ran.

RE-71's here. And swap my OEM A/S back on between events. I have a 1/2" battery impact driver and a Harbor Freight race jack, so a tire swap is a 10M job for me.

140 runs - in a dual driver car, that's 8 runs per event. or, 2 - 8 event seasons and an NT or two. That's about $250 per driver per year for tire budget. Not too bad.

Last edited: