GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Auto Folding Mirrors Install Tips

VW Vroom

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi,

Just installed a set. Big thank you to Sabo for your pictures on hot to unclip control module and how to get door panel back on. Ran into the same issues, found this thread and issues solved!!

I have Kessy and wanted the keyfob to operate the folding on lock and unlock. That piece of the puzzle was provided by NY_Avant over on vortex, thank you. Google search "vortex ny_avant folding VCDS" and you should find it if interested (copy and paste is not working between Tapatalk and safari on my phone).

My only contribution is that during removal of the original mirror, you pull the wires out of the door. The wire got stuck, probably due to grommet. I used a dandelion weeder tool (long straight metal tube that is forked at end) to unstick it, worked like a charm!!!

Thanks again

Vroom

NAR 2015 GTI SE 4 on the side and 6 on the floor.

copperbricks

Ready to race!
I'm a little late to this thread I guess, but I'm looking at retrofitting these mirrors to my car-does anyone know if I need to buy the extra door control modules from usp motor sports? I'd like to get the mirror dip on reverse functionality properly working as well, is that mainly what those modules take care of ?

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
I'm a little late to this thread I guess, but I'm looking at retrofitting these mirrors to my car-does anyone know if I need to buy the extra door control modules from usp motor sports? I'd like to get the mirror dip on reverse functionality properly working as well, is that mainly what those modules take care of ?

I have the dip on reverse, didn't change a thing, just the mirrors, I coded the dip way before the swap to power folding and it worked before and after

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

copperbricks

Ready to race!
Hmm okay. I coded the dip on my car, and it drops down fine, but the mirror never returns to the right spot..I googled, and I guess there's a different door module required. I'm just not sure if that's in the new folding mirrors, or the modules that USP sells.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Hmm okay. I coded the dip on my car, and it drops down fine, but the mirror never returns to the right spot..I googled, and I guess there's a different door module required. I'm just not sure if that's in the new folding mirrors, or the modules that USP sells.

Yeah it is weird on mine it returns fine but once in a while I need to adjust just a bit.
There are some members
That were experimenting installing new modules but I'm not sure what was the outcome. On mine I would no bother with new module since it happens so sporadically is. It worth it, I'm just glad that we had the choice, even if it's not perfect

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
If I have a 2016 SE with lighting package - how do I now which mirrors to purchase? Want to make sure I'm not stuck with non-compatible mirrors. Any help would be appreciated.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
If I have a 2016 SE with lighting package - how do I now which mirrors to purchase? Want to make sure I'm not stuck with non-compatible mirrors. Any help would be appreciated.

As far as I know, the Mirrors are the same with the exception of Blind spot monitoring, if you Have that feature I don't know what to tell you, but if you don't then you will not have any issues

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
As far as I know, the Mirrors are the same with the exception of Blind spot monitoring, if you Have that feature I don't know what to tell you, but if you don't then you will not have any issues

Sounds good and thanks for the clarification.

Does anyone have the part number for the non-Chinese market mirrors? I'm looking to see if I could source them for less via E-acca.com using ROW part numbers because Chinese market part numbers don't show up within the ROW ETKA catalog.

Sonntagsfahrer

Sounds good and thanks for the clarification.

Does anyone have the part number for the non-Chinese market mirrors? I'm looking to see if I could source them for less via E-acca.com using ROW part numbers because Chinese market part numbers don't show up within the ROW ETKA catalog.

5G1857508DE9B9 - right side/passenger mirror assembly
5G0959565AGICX - mirror switch
5G1857507CE9B9 - left side/driver mirror assembly

Here are the part numbers for the power folding euro Version with side assist. I just installed mine yesterday, took about 2 1/2 weeks to get them from e acca.
Total price was $373 shipped to California with

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
5G1857508DE9B9 - right side/passenger mirror assembly
5G0959565AGICX - mirror switch
5G1857507CE9B9 - left side/driver mirror assembly

Here are the part numbers for the power folding euro Version with side assist. I just installed mine yesterday, took about 2 1/2 weeks to get them from e acca.
Total price was $373 shipped to California with

By chance would you have or know how to check for part numbers associated to the versions without side assist? I would hate to spend extra money on mirrors including a feature I don't have or really need. Thanks!

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3

You need to enable bits 1, 2, and 3 on the door module for the memory function to work properly. I don't remember the exact byte, but its easy enough to find the portion related to mirror memory. Once these are enabled, you'll be able to program exactly where the mirror dips to as well as have it return exactly to where it started.

Here's another tip. Don't drop your needle nose pliers down into the door from the top where the mirror attaches. I was a dumbass and managed to do this when reaching in to pull through the cable. It took me over an hour to get them out because they kept on opening up when delicately lifting them out.

Sherifftruman

Ready to race!
Here's another tip. Don't drop your needle nose pliers down into the door from the top where the mirror attaches. I was a dumbass and managed to do this when reaching in to pull through the cable. It took me over an hour to get them out because they kept on opening up when delicately lifting them out.

Damn. I think after 30-45 minutes, I would have had to take a walk around the block and/ or drink a few beers.