GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Audi TT (8S) Control Arms

CZR

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
VW Golf V GTI Ed. 30
Will know better in the next days when I fit my summer (MPSS) tires back. First impression is it handles extremely well !

stock control arm: 2,7 kg each
TTS control arm: 3,0 kg each
stock subframe: 11,8 kg
TTS subframe: 8,4 kg
Let me add front brake calipers:

Golf R/GTI PP/S3: 8,5 kg
Audi TTS 4-pot: 5,8 kg

incl. pads and lines

Data provided by Neuspeed.

enjoyminutemaid

Ready to race!
Will know better in the next days when I fit my summer (MPSS) tires back. First impression is it handles extremely well !

Excellent news! That amount of negative camber up front seems like a bit much for a street car, only because you will lose some straight-line braking traction, but acceleration traction should be fine due to AWD.

What were your camber specs before the TTS control arms and ball joints were installed?

Last edited:

CZR

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
VW Golf V GTI Ed. 30
Sorry, didn't find any previous specs but will post if I find them.

Bad news for me but I think valuable info for others:
- impossible to run TTS control arms + 12mm spacers (I don't think 10mm will help either) + 235/35/R19. Will keep hitting fender on pots/road level oscillations. Tried with VWR lowering springs: big no (+ level sensor errors). Went back to stock OEM springs (on DCC) - same problem because the springs are softer so I get larger suspension travel (at least no errors this time) - even on Sport it hits on ocasion
- can't remove the spacers because of the TTRS brakes. Other rims might help but don't want to.

So:
18" WILL work (even with spacers and lowering springs) - don't know about the sensor errors.
19" WILL work on stock cars (no spacers, no lowering springs - lowering springs might work too, not sure here)

Level sensors fitting position is a bit closer to the subframe (see pic. attached) by about 12mm and that will give bad readings for headlights (and maybe dampeners too?)

Will buy Ohlins and that will solve my problems .. hopefully :)

Current camber on 235/35/R19 with stock springs on DCC: -2°25' FL / -2°15' FR (left side sits lower by 5mm btw)

Last edited:
Thank you, Sir!
Did you consider drilling another hole to fit the level sensor little
more away from the subframe?

SRoads

Ready to race!
Is -2.4 deg the min or the max for the arms and ball joints? I wouldn't think audi would be running a car that aggressive from the factory. More than likely the lvl sensors for the TT have shorter arms, but don't know for sure.

Last edited:

CZR

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
VW Golf V GTI Ed. 30
The ball joints are in the middle from what I remember (will check again after coilovers and will post before/after with more details). Could go towards a more positive camber if I want but that will make things worse (rubbing because 19" and spacers). Will also measure the camber given by min/max fittings.
I did try with another hole but the gap between them is bigger than the difference between stock/tts arms and the sensor was having an odd orientation. Didn't test sensor readings in that position. There are two holes used and my best bet was to reuse one of them and drill only one hole.
Pictures explain better than me :)

Last edited:

CZR

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
VW Golf V GTI Ed. 30
Just noticed a useful one. Notice how much the wheels went towards the fenders. I almost thought the track rod/steering gear will be too short but it's ok.

OBP

Go Kart Newbie
Has anyone confirmed if the TT ball joints fit onto the stock Golf control arms? Any idea of how much added camber it would allow.?