GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 LP Headlights

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Great info. Thanks for clarifying all of that!

I still need to get a handle on what would be required to install the FL tails on an NAR GTI.

Sounds like a harness will have be "developed" and an ECU as well? How does that work?

Last edited:
Probably. I'm pretty convinced one of the VCDS/VAGcom experts will be able to provide some help soon.

Last edited:

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Hope so. Once someone figures out how to get these connected and fully functional (for us NAR GTI folks), I'm gonna grab a set of these tails.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Hope so. Once someone figures out how to get these connected and fully functional (for us NAR GTI folks), I'm gonna grab a set of these tails.

Didn't you tell me to stop thread jacking in the other tailight thread when I posted about headlights? lol :D

Bump on this.

Looking at the extra high res photos of the facelift and the fender and hood are 100% the same.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Didn't you tell me to stop thread jacking in the other tailight thread when I posted about headlights? lol :D

Bump on this.

Looking at the extra high res photos of the facelift and the fender and hood are 100% the same.

I'm getting the threads mixed up. My bad. Lol

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie

nype

Drag Racing Champion
np, thought it was funny. :D

Do as I say and not as I do. lol

Well I have to apologize. I'm Canadian. Or as Trump would say "apple-a-gize".

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion

Veejster

Passed Driver's Ed
Facelift Part numbers are:

GTI LED w/curve lighting
Left - 5G1941077A
Right - 5G1941078A

Power Modules
7P5941572A x2

Light Control Unit
8V0907399D x2

There are different part numbers for LED lights w/o curve lighting and the dynamic beam lights.

You will also need the new fenders/bumper to go along with this:
Left Fender - 5G0821105B
Right Fender - 5G0821106B

Wolf799

Passed Driver's Ed
Give it 5 minutes and someone will come up with a Mk7 lookalike headlight upgrade... probably available on EBay by the end of the year.

Just speculation

takemorepills

Ready to race!
Do the Mk7.5 GTI and GolfR now use the same headlight? Or is it like the Mk7.0 where the GolfR has it's own unique headlight, and GTI will have 2 different kinds?

BTW, I received a news feed about the 2018 Golf for NA, it said that the Golf will be getting standard LED headlights and taillights for 2018. Anyone else here that too?

kmhman87

Passed Driver's Ed
Does anyone know the part number for the
"low"/standard Bi-LED (LED DRL, low beam, high beam).
It seems like without the AFS for these particular headlights it might be a viable option to retrofit.