GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Using G3 Advanced Liquid Compound...

GTDave

Passed Driver's Ed
Morning Folks,

How is everyone?

I discovered 2 marks in my rear passenger door yesterday, both door dinks from a white or silver car (much rage!).

I can feel a slight raise in the paintwork when i run my finger over the area, so it was suggested to me it would come out fairly easily.

A guy at work has given me some G3 to use, but mentioned I would need to polish the area once I was done.

Given I have a pearl black GTD I was looking for some more indepth advice on how to remove the marks...

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Billy Baldone1

Ready to race!
Do you have a machine polisher? After looking at their website, it looks like G3 is similiar to FG400, a compound I am familiar with. It cuts right away, then finishes down nicely, in some cases it can be a great 1 step with the right pad/machine combo. I need to know what you have access to. That will help me better guide you. This friend of yours, does he have a machine polisher? How does he use the compound he gave you?

GTDave

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi Billy,

Sadly not, he just suggested using a clean microfibre cloth and that was it....

From your comments I am thinking this might not be the thing to use...

cheers

Dave

Billy Baldone1

Ready to race!
Well..... The website does mention hand use. You are not going to do much damage using it by hand. What you describe sounds like simple paint transfer, nothing More. Do you have access to a clay bar kit?

GTDave

Passed Driver's Ed
Funny you should mention that as someone in the office suggested the very same thing, alas i dont have one but if it is something that is better suited to this task I am happy to get one :)

Dave

Billy Baldone1

Ready to race!
Yep, try that first. Keep the area lubed with a quick detailer while you are using the clay. Can you get that today? What time is it there? 10-11 am. It's 4 here I'm heading off to work. Keep me posted.

GTDave

Passed Driver's Ed
I'll see what I can do, its still early here but got a full days work ahead of me, so might have to wait until the weekend, but will keep you posted.

Thanks for the advice.

Dave