GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Paint Chip on Trunk In Winter

Towerworld

Passed Driver's Ed
Hit a light post by accident when I opened the hatch and now theres a kernel sized chip, retarded. Anyways its snowy like hell -10 and I'm worried about the hatch rusting should I wait a couple weeks until spring gets here or use touch up paint in the cold?

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Hit a light post by accident when I opened the hatch and now theres a kernel sized chip, retarded. Anyways its snowy like hell -10 and I'm worried about the hatch rusting should I wait a couple weeks until spring gets here or use touch up paint in the cold?
Well, that touch up in the cold might stick, probably not though. But I would put something on it gosh knows the climate you're in(like mine) will find any and all bare steel and turn it brown. Sorry to hear this happened :(

Another thing to consider is a piece of bodyshop tape. Automotive friendly masking tape pretty much. Just to seal out the moisture.

wlfpck

Ready to race!
If it is down to metal... you'll want something a bit stronger than touch up.

What color is your car?

My personal recommendation... Seal the paint chip with either

1. Primer
2. Rust Bullet Automotive

Then put your touch up on.

Once that drys... then use Rust Bullet Clear Shot over it. That way you have a clear coat that is as strong if not stronger than the original factory clear.

If you have a garage... get a space heater and throw it in there for a day. If not...

You can try using touch up on it. Touch up will come right off with rubbing alcohol when you do a full repair later.

Towerworld

Passed Driver's Ed
If it is down to metal... you'll want something a bit stronger than touch up.

What color is your car?

My personal recommendation... Seal the paint chip with either

1. Primer
2. Rust Bullet Automotive

Then put your touch up on.

Once that drys... then use Rust Bullet Clear Shot over it. That way you have a clear coat that is as strong if not stronger than the original factory clear.

If you have a garage... get a space heater and throw it in there for a day. If not...

You can try using touch up on it. Touch up will come right off with rubbing alcohol when you do a full repair later.

Lapiz blue,
i touched it up with just the blue vw pen, should i take the touch up off and put primer on instead?