GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driving Roads

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
The problem with Topanga Canyon is that it carries a great deal of traffic. During the week it is people commuting to or from work, and on the weekends it is people trying to get to the beach. Unless you go early or late enough to avoid the traffic, you can find yourself stuck in a long column of cars.

Scharnhorst

Passed Driver's Ed
The problem with Topanga Canyon is that it carries a great deal of traffic. During the week it is people commuting to or from work, and on the weekends it is people trying to get to the beach. Unless you go early or late enough to avoid the traffic, you can find yourself stuck in a long column of cars.

was going to say the same thing. Also there is a community around there; driving fast through it.... and i'd also say a definite increase in police activity.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
Next weekend I am planning on driving up to the Medford / Redwood, Oregon area, then take Highway 199 south to Crescent City and all the way back to L.A. along the coast over several days. I have no specific agenda and have no clue where I'll stay for the nights, but I plan on taking advantage of the driving roads along the way.

lv2bll54

Passed Driver's Ed
If you're towards the IE then either the 330 going up to big bear or the 38 heading back down. It's hard to go during the winter months though due to snowboarders and skiers heading up and down. But nice road up there.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Mk7VW

Banned
Little Tujunga and big Tujunga canyon. I always run through little Tujunga and have for years. Big Tujunga is nice for a high speed run. They're located in the foothills off the 210 freeway.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
This thread needs more northern California. The Marin Headlands and Mt. Tamalpais just north of the golden gate bridge are littered with great roads. Very twisty. Lots of traffic if you pick the wrong time of day/week though.

Djkahnsworth

This thread needs more northern California. The Marin Headlands and Mt. Tamalpais just north of the golden gate bridge are littered with great roads. Very twisty. Lots of traffic if you pick the wrong time of day/week though.

Highly recommend grizzly peak blvd in the berkeley hills. Great road with a great view

mikeemorales

Passed Driver's Ed
Azusa mountain pass! it's about an hour trek up, starts with some straight roads and turns and then becomes a winding road towards the top. Once you get there, there's a small little lot where you can see the city and a close mountain background. I've only been at there late afternoons and late evenings so I've never dealt with traffic. Don't think mornings or lunch would be too bad.

long shutter speed at like 2am.

trbojoe112

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Mesa grande Rd in the San Diego area mountains. Very tight and technical in spots and also opens up for some top speed runs.