GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OHIO Chat Thread

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
The auto-X event looks like fun. I'll keep this on the radar for sure!

Awesome I plan on doing everything plus 2 days of HPDE except dyno. Literally cannot wait. I live in NY so it's going to be worth the drive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Anyone here have experience with turbo-ing a car? I'm strongly considering having some fun with the Camry once spring rolls around and tossing an ebay turbo kit on it...

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
I work in Mayfield Heights, so I'm south of Bishop. I hope to run into you guys this summer. A friend of mine with a white MK6 R works at the airport, so you may have seen him around.
I have seen a White R in Mayfield before I had the GTI. I was still killing everyone with NOx emissions at that point.

I'm down to meet up whenever wherever. If it's car related, it beats Xbox.

If you see a white sport with the plates PANZRVI, it is I.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Anyone here have experience with turbo-ing a car? I'm strongly considering having some fun with the Camry once spring rolls around and tossing an ebay turbo kit on it...
I have aftermarket turbo experience with diesels, and OE turbo experience with VW.

I did one compound install before, Aurora 40/60 combo.

I guess it should be noted that all of these applications were already turbo-ing. Still, be glad to help.

Last edited:

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
There are too many white Mk7s in the Cleveland area. This has to stop.... I have seen two new arrivals in my area in the past week alone.

You guys are making me wish I had got the silver sport that came in with mine instead lol. I have only seen 1 reflex silver Mk7 GTI in the wild ever. Has to be one of the least common around here, if not thee.

Ah well....just giving me more incentive to set myself apart. By that I mean spending a lot of money on suspension and body components. Thank you for the incentive fellow white GTI purchasers.

roblikescake

Lorain/Strongsville area here.

'17 GTI SE

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Blacked out mk7 driving down Forbes today in Solon, you waved at me driving the other way. YOHB?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Denvernoob

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone from the Dayton, OH area here? I live in Dayton, work in Cincinnati. Seen a few Rs in Cincy mostly. I have a DBP 16 R manual, tinted. Waiting on personalized Ohio plates...hehehe

wordsthatiwrote

Ready to race!
I drove around with some clown masks in the rear deck lid last summer. I have had heads turn because it was during that whole clown nonsense.

wordsthatiwrote

Ready to race!
I have the mask back in my car. Today I noticed a woman behind me appearing to take down descriptive details about my car. IM assuming my license plate, make, model, stickers on the car.
I don't know if she was, but she would look down and write something then look back up at me about every 15 seconds.