GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI or R?

RobDMB

Passed Driver's Ed
I live in south eastern PA as well (Lehigh Valley) and recently bought the R. Came from a WRX so I valued the AWD - never really considered the GTI although I agree there seems to be much better deals on them. Tough to say if the R is worth the price difference since the interior of the higher end GTI's are pretty much identical but, to me, the comfort of having the AWD was it. Also, am liking the DCC so far. Was looking for a ride that was less stiff than the WRX and so far the R fits the bill - particularly if i put it in comfort mode.

xacid

Passed Driver's Ed
I live in south eastern PA as well (Lehigh Valley) and recently bought the R. Came from a WRX so I valued the AWD - never really considered the GTI although I agree there seems to be much better deals on them. Tough to say if the R is worth the price difference since the interior of the higher end GTI's are pretty much identical but, to me, the comfort of having the AWD was it. Also, am liking the DCC so far. Was looking for a ride that was less stiff than the WRX and so far the R fits the bill - particularly if i put it in comfort mode.

I'm in the same area - bout 10ish minutes from Dorney Park.

I have yet to test drive an R - only dealership I've been at that had them outside of the showroom was being a dick. Said I need to be a serious buyer to test drive it. Asked what that meant and they said talking numbers. Doubt I'd bother with them again.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
How is it a better stereo. Everything i've read says the fender is better then the helix

Bass is better, and staging is better. If you're listening to something mastered in, say, 5.1, you can hear individual sounds in different locations in ways that Fender cannot compete. Only thing it lacks compared to Fender is overall "boom," but that's because Fender has the low end bumped on on the EQ, regardless of whether you put Treble, Mids, Bass, and Sub at 0. Also Fender goes a bit louder before distorting. But, audiophiles say Helix > Fender. Maybe to the average listener Fender > Helix, but that's because the aforementioned "boom" of Fender could be perceived as more "bodied" sound... When in fact, it takes away from the subtle details in high bit-rate, well-produced music.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Anyone find a review of the Fender vs Helix? I've seen a few posts but nothing truly concrete on which is better. Helix does have you lose the spare which sucks.

Refer to my comment preceding this one