GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Delete

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
One of the guy I've autoXed with in Ohio had those on the MK7. It was one of the wheels being considered myself too. I think they are probably just fine.

SteveM3

Passed Driver's Ed
I just got my set this afternoon. I only had time to pop one out of the box and it looks decent. I wish the hub centre was stock sized, and it uses cone style bolts, but everything came with them. I have 3 mm spacers on the way to go with. I'll fire one on the scale tomorrow to see what they weigh.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
Whats annoying now, is that my DD wheels(OZ Formula HLT) have ball seat(like stock), but my autoX wheel(Enkei Fujin) have Cone...Both set of wheels I used last year were cone......

SteveM3

Passed Driver's Ed
The Hybris wheels are 18lbs. They look decent. There are some small specs in the clear coat that wouldn't make it past inspection on a more expensive wheel, but these look great for the price

Slow*Jim

Ready to race!
Has anyone run 255/35/18? I have seen a few people running 9" wheels on these cars with no issues, and the low profile would make it approximately the same diameter as stock.

ryohazuki222

Ready to race!
Is there a particular reason there is no love for 245 35 18s?

How noticeable is the taller gearing of a 235 40 18 with the DSG compared to stock 225 40 18?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slow*Jim

Ready to race!
I think most people are trying to keep the overall diameter close to stock since there is no way to fix the speedometer when changing tire sizes.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie

How noticeable is the taller gearing of a 235 40 18 with the DSG compared to stock 225 40 18?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be tire availability? RE71R for example doesn't come in that size...

Obakong

Ready to race!
I think most people are trying to keep the overall diameter close to stock since there is no way to fix the speedometer when changing tire sizes.

Does VW calibrate the speedometer differently for the stock 18" wheels vs the 19" option (Golf R)?

Because the size of stock 18"s is 25.1 tall. And the 19"s are 25.5 tall.

Do the 19" wheel option already have a little speedometer inaccuracy due to the size difference?

I'm asking because I have the stock 18" wheels, and wondering if I change size if I should be trying to stay close to 25.1 for speedometer accuracy or 25.5

Thanks

davidbeni

Does someone know if i can install tt rs brakes on a gti mk7 and use 18x8 et45 with 235 40 18 without spacers. Also all this without rubbing?

Panzrwagn

The best tire available in a 245/35-18 is a Michelin SuperSport. Great summer street tire, but the sidewalls are wayyy too soft for tracking or autocross.

If Bridgestone made RE71s in that size or if Yokohama reformulated the AD08 for 200 Tirewear, I'd be all over them.

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
The best tire available in a 245/35-18 is a Michelin SuperSport. Great summer street tire, but the sidewalls are wayyy too soft for tracking or autocross.
This!