GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Exhaust tips

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
I use Brillo pads, not sure if you have them in the US. Basically steel wool with a cleaning agent in designed for cleaning ovens.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
I use Brillo pads, not sure if you have them in the US. Basically steel wool with a cleaning agent in designed for cleaning ovens.

Yep, we have those, they sell them in the cleaning isle of the supermarkets. But I just use plain steel wool and soak them with dish soap. The Brillo cleaning agent might be a lot more alkaline to dissolve baked on fats, which doesn't hurt anything, but might be more caustic if you get it on your skin.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Chemical Guys Grime Reaper, let sit for about 2 minutes, but don't let it dry.

Agitate with 0000 steel wool.

Finishing with some "Flitz" buffing fabric my dad gave me. It's like firetinder soaked in kerosene. He bought it the day he got his '77 CBX1000 and it has barely been used. Stuff works great and I can't find it anywhere. It will be a dark(exhaust tip) day when it runs out.

I have hear the foil and Water Displacing Formula #40 works great also :D

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
I've tried all of the methods mentioned here. Specific cleaners, aluminum foil, ect. I've yet to find anything that works better than Bar Keepers Friend.

It's dirt cheap, and has a stupid amount of uses aside from just exhaust tip cleaning. I detail cars on the side and it takes like 2 mins per tip to get them looking new, even when they've never been cleaned by hand, ever.

Robbb

Passed Driver's Ed
I've tried all of the methods mentioned here. Specific cleaners, aluminum foil, ect. I've yet to find anything that works better than Bar Keepers Friend.

It's dirt cheap, and has a stupid amount of uses aside from just exhaust tip cleaning. I detail cars on the side and it takes like 2 mins per tip to get them looking new, even when they've never been cleaned by hand, ever.

I have a bottle of this already, and tips that haven't been cleaned in 2.5 years and are essentially black. Will let you know the result.