GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Blew both rear shocks

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Car has 27k miles, H&R sport springs have been on the car for the last 13,400 miles.

Doing a tire rotation right now, passengers is starting to leak somewhat, drivers is completely blown and pouring a good amount of oil out.

I knew i was on borrowed time with these springs and stock suspension, and obviously it was starting to get sloppy, but i didn't think it would be this borrowed.

Oh well...time for Bilsteins.

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Car has 27k miles, H&R sport springs have been on the car for the last 13,400 miles.

Doing a tire rotation right now, passengers is starting to leak somewhat, drivers is completely blown and pouring a good amount of oil out.

I knew i was on borrowed time with these springs and stock suspension, and obviously it was starting to get sloppy, but i didn't think it would be this borrowed.

In for your thoughts on the H&R sport/bilstein combo. That's exactly the setup I'm contemplating.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hoon

Autocross Champion
In for your thoughts on the H&R sport/bilstein combo. That's exactly the setup I'm contemplating.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Pretty sure I'm going to switch to the OE Sports.

RI has some of the worst roads in the country, and while I like the look, it's a bit of a chore driving the car with what would be a perfectly normal drop in other places.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion

Stop hauling so many fat girls

Lol jk, that is way earlier than I’ve seen tho. Even junk RL coilovers would go 20k before they blew in my experience

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Stop hauling so many fat girls

Lol jk, that is way earlier than I’ve seen tho. Even junk RL coilovers would go 20k before they blew in my experience

Yeah it's definitely sooner than I expected!