GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Audi TT (8S) Control Arms

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Sorry, didn't find any previous specs but will post if I find them.

Bad news for me but I think valuable info for others:
- impossible to run TTS control arms + 12mm spacers (I don't think 10mm will help either) + 235/35/R19. Will keep hitting fender on pots/road level oscillations. Tried with VWR lowering springs: big no (+ level sensor errors). Went back to stock OEM springs (on DCC) - same problem because the springs are softer so I get larger suspension travel (at least no errors this time) - even on Sport it hits on ocasion
- can't remove the spacers because of the TTRS brakes. Other rims might help but don't want to.

So:
18" WILL work (even with spacers and lowering springs) - don't know about the sensor errors.
19" WILL work on stock cars (no spacers, no lowering springs - lowering springs might work too, not sure here)

Level sensors fitting position is a bit closer to the subframe (see pic. attached) by about 12mm and that will give bad readings for headlights (and maybe dampeners too?)

Will buy Ohlins and that will solve my problems .. hopefully :)

Current camber on 235/35/R19 with stock springs on DCC: -2°25' FL / -2°15' FR (left side sits lower by 5mm btw)

Did you ever get the Ohlins?

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
has anyone tried the tt arms + tt ball joints on a steel subframed / mk7 golf or gti yet?

considering the above

also thinking about modding some steel gti arms - perhaps drilling to accomodate a tt ball joint. has anyone gone down that path?

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
also...regarding the superpro ball joints:

is the bolt pattern compatible with mk7 steel arms?

I have 288mm rotors and steel spindles so thinking big brake clearance is no issue for these. Any other factors to be concerned with these?

edit: reached out to superpro, yes they would bolt up but geometry changes are so unfavorable that they advise against trying.

Last edited:

Yumichika

Passed Driver's Ed
also...regarding the superpro ball joints:

is the bolt pattern compatible with mk7 steel arms?

I have 288mm rotors and steel spindles so thinking big brake clearance is no issue for these. Any other factors to be concerned with these?

edit: reached out to superpro, yes they would bolt up but geometry changes are so unfavorable that they advise against trying.

Have recently got the TT arms, they match well with steel subframe (My car is A3).

The SuperPro ball joints do match with stock steel arms. But according to some feedback, SuproPro ball joints may rub with thick rotors.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
Have recently got the TT arms, they match well with steel subframe (My car is A3).

The SuperPro ball joints do match with stock steel arms. But according to some feedback, SuproPro ball joints may rub with thick rotors.
thanks. I reached out to Superpro and got the reply below.

Hi Bill,

Thank you for your interest in SuperPro components for your Sportwagen and for your inquiry.

What you’ve found online is correct – we went through several iterations/prototypes in R&D for the MK7 and simply couldn’t come up with an option that gave us the desired geometry change, range of adjustment and brake clearance we wanted.

The MK7 would have required an entirely unique kit as the car’s suspension geometry differs enough from the MK5/MK6 that we wouldn’t have carried the TRC0003 over even if it bolted up correctly.

The short answer to your question is ‘no’ – the kit will not fit/function correctly in your car.* You will find examples of people who have physically bolted the kit onto a MK7 as the bolt patter where the assembly attaches to the control arm is the same, however the shank’s profile and shape are different where it attaches to the knuckle and the geometry change isn’t suited to the MK7.* We do not support or warranty parts fitted to unconfirmed applications.

I’m sorry I don’t have a better answer; the one thing the MK7/MQB platform could very well utilize that we haven’t incorporated into our offerings thus far is bit more negative camber on the front axle – our parts that add caster will bring dynamic camber gain, but a touch more negative camber in the alignment would help as well.

RS200Z

Are the TT arms (and TT ball joints) camber adjustable?

Yumichika

Passed Driver's Ed

00Zero

Go Kart Newbie
Yes, I'm using TT sets (arms + ball joints + spindles) and AP BBKs (CP9540 + 355 rotors) and there is no rub issue.

The SuperPro ball joints are longer than TT's, so they MAY have some issues when fitting with with BBKs:
http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showpost.php?p=160337&postcount=11

Yumichika, What kind of camber adjustment range do the TT arms and ball joints have on your A3?

Has anyone confirmed if the TT ball joint shank is the same as the Mk7? (I am skeptical because of the comments by super-pro regarding mk5/6 to mk7 fitment)

-Jonathan

Yumichika

Passed Driver's Ed
Yumichika, What kind of camber adjustment range do the TT arms and ball joints have on your A3?

Has anyone confirmed if the TT ball joint shank is the same as the Mk7? (I am skeptical because of the comments by super-pro regarding mk5/6 to mk7 fitment)

-Jonathan

The max camber is about -1.4 degree.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto

-Jonathan
if you don't get an answer on the shank but "gotta know", you could try buying a cheapo version from rockauto and compare. worst case you pay shipping both ways and a restocking.

I don't work for rockauto but I notice they have some oem offerings that are sooo cheap I'm tempted to buy a couple LCAs for $35 each and go to one of our autox welder buddies who could probably modify it for additional camber.

Yumichika

Passed Driver's Ed
Does anyone know if there is a non adjustable balljoint compatible with the TT arm? If not I guess I'll have to go with the superpro arms lol.

AFAIK, no.

You can match balljoints and LCAs among SuperPro, Golf and A3. And you can match them among TT and HardRace. But you can not cross over the two group.

Yumichika

Passed Driver's Ed

-Jonathan

The TT 8S (GEN3) ball joint shank has the same diameter and length as MK7, if this is what you mean. You can Install TT arms + ball joints to MK7 spindles with no issues.

The SuperPro ball joints have longer shanks (which are designed to provide higher roll center), so them may cause rub issue with some big brake pads.

00Zero

Go Kart Newbie
I think TT arms and ball joints are the only option i have on a sportwagen with stock springs as the added -1.4* camber (guess -1.9* total) from the 034 plates seems likely to cause rubbing.

Now, i just need to figure out if i will get close to Yumichika's -1.4* at stock ride height.

-Jonathan