GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boss 500 maybe

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
The DV and intake will fit from what I’ve seen, just need to reduce from their 3.5” elbow down to your 3” intake

As for tuning as long as you don’t pull boost it should be ok to drive. I’m sure someone will chime in

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
The silicone turbo elbo that comes with the turbo kit is 3.5 dia, so that’s why the recommend their intake, their intakes inlet tube is also 3.5 diameter. Most intakes are 3 inch, so you can make them work by running a reducer somewhere or customizing it, honestly it’s just easier to use their intake. You can use your factory dv but you will have to cut up and extend your harness, their dv sits differently so it reaches. Why they don’t sell a “jumper harness” with the kit I don’t know, but once again it’s just easier to run their dv and intake, you don’t have to but it is easier. Their dv is loud also, which is either awesome or annoying depending what you like lol

I have the neuspeed discharge pipe, but had to customize and machine a coupler to make it work, the cts kit assumes your still using the oem discharge pipe.

And ya, you’ll need to tune for it, are you adding fuel upgrades? Or just staying on stock fueling?

Last edited:

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Since my IS38 letgo a couple weeks ago I have been looking at all the options and kind of narrowed down to this kit but need feedback on owners. The product page says you have to use their bov and intake but I have seen posts on here that say the factory dv fits and works.
https://www.shopdap.com/cts-mqb-boss-500.html

Can I just pop it in my R and go about my day or do I have to get UM tune before driving?

Can the odb11 do the wastegate adaptation or does it have to be Ross tech?

Does the ecu need to be tuned for the DV to work?

Can I use my BMS intake on it or do I have to get a CTS intake?

What turbo outlet pipe works with it? Product page says oem only, weird the CTS would not work.
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-cts-parts/high-flow-turbo-outlet-pipe/ctsit275~cts/

If you are doing the install yourself and absolutely can't have a new file flashed on your ECU at home. You can get away with driving a few miles as long as you stay out of boost. Do not even think about flooring it or you may severely damage your motor.

Mk72015

Ready to race!
You will definitely need tuning IMO, you don't necessarily need fueling unless you wanna make 450whp+, UM is a good tuner especially if you do get MPI. There is always maestro, Maestro will give you the at home advantage, you will definitely need a trans tune if you're an auto. I'm almost positive you will have to get your wastgate adjusted using VAGcom.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
I was going to hold off on fuel for now if I didn’t have to get tuned but I might as well add mpi and walbro 450 if I have to get tuning.

Once you start adding other variables like MPI, the car is going to run a little goofy without a proper tune even when you stay out of boost. I see you're in Colorado, how far is Bluewater Performance from you? You might be able to convince someone to come flash your car in the driveway.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Go Iroz IMS650. UM can tune you in on a stock block.

Iroz kits are very nice but there's about a $2200 price difference

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Im going to take it to Blue Water for the PI and walbro pump install.

I contacted George and was told I can use my JB4 to get my Boss 500 running to make the drive to Blue Water.

So, it looks like I am going Boss 500 with full e85 tune with UM flex fuel kit, Precision Raceworks port injection and Stage 3 fuel kits.

This is way more money than I wanted to spend but it should be a very fun car when its all done. Around $7500 total with labor and fueling kit.

it will make a good daily, gen 2 gtx2867r has very nice spool.. with e85 and more timing you'll spool even earlier and make really nice torque down low. Good luck, let us know how you like it when you get the car back