GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OHIO Chat Thread

ADVNTURR

Passed Driver's Ed
Late notice again, but they are going to be running another Low-Key SnowCross at PittRace on Sunday 1/14/18:

https://www.motorsportreg.com/event...owcross-pittsburgh-international-compl-329019

Registration deadline is 5:59PM on Saturday 1/13 for anyone interested. I am going to try to make it back out but I haven't locked it in yet.

Video from Sunday's snowcross:

https://youtu.be/2wPSrD0j17Q

Conditions were a lot better this time around and we got more runs in.

ADVNTURR

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello Ohio'ans. I'm from Chicago but likely coming out that way memorial day to go to Mid Ohio with Chin track days. Anyone else planning on going?

I'm going to miss you by a couple weeks, unfortunately. I'm headed to Mid-Ohio with the Northern Ohio Regional Porsche Club (NORPCA) on the 12-13th in my 350Z.

If you haven't been to the track before, I highly recommend making the trip. It's a fun track, has nice facilities, and has pretty easy access to hotels and fuel (including at the track) not too far away. If Chin offers it, and you can swing it or split it, the garage rentals at Mid-Ohio are really convenient, especially if you can get your hands on one of the central pull-thru garages.

Have fun and share some pictures/video

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Who was the asshole in the lowered, purple wrapped GTI driving up 271 today passing on the shoulder and weaving through traffic with no blinker... You're making the rest of us responsible MK7 owners look bad. I almost wrecked because you cut off the car 3 in front of me and we all had to slam on the brakes

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
I'm going to miss you by a couple weeks, unfortunately. I'm headed to Mid-Ohio with the Northern Ohio Regional Porsche Club (NORPCA) on the 12-13th in my 350Z.

If you haven't been to the track before, I highly recommend making the trip. It's a fun track, has nice facilities, and has pretty easy access to hotels and fuel (including at the track) not too far away. If Chin offers it, and you can swing it or split it, the garage rentals at Mid-Ohio are really convenient, especially if you can get your hands on one of the central pull-thru garages.

Have fun and share some pictures/video

I've had my eye on mid ohio for years now. Really excited to be making the trip. I'll probably skip the garage rental, My car will be loaded up with tools to fix just about anything trackside.

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
I've had my eye on mid ohio for years now. Really excited to be making the trip. I'll probably skip the garage rental, My car will be loaded up with tools to fix just about anything trackside.

Will you be doing DSG services in he paddock? ;)

Mid-Ohio is such a great track. You'll love it. Been a few years, but I have many laps there & I smile whenever thinking back on those times.

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
Wish I could come up there & shoot some pictures of you on track. Unfortunately I'll be doing a sports car driving tour though southern Ohio that weekend.

Scroteboi

Can anyone recommend a good body shop that does dent/ding in the Cleveland area? 3 weeks after getting my car some asshole opened a door or hit my car with a cart or something. Deep 2" gouge through the paint and slightly dented immediately around it. Most places I can find on Google don't have a lot of review.

Attachments

• IMG_20180308_203432.jpg
    IMG_20180308_203432.jpg
    320.9 KB · Views: 379

iliveoncaffiene

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 718 GT4
Can anyone recommend a good body shop that does dent/ding in the Cleveland area? 3 weeks after getting my car some asshole opened a door or hit my car with a cart or something. Deep 2" gouge through the paint and slightly dented immediately around it. Most places I can find on Google don't have a lot of review.

A place I drive by every day has been used by my detailer before: https://www.gotdents.net/
Their facility is in North Royalton (east of strongsville mall).

I also drive by: http://customcolorandcollision.com/ which is a good sized facility. (and google reviews say it's reputable)

Sorry I couldn't be more help. I just drive by at least 10 repair shops on my way to work every day :)

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion

I set up an appointment to get the two tiny dents on my car (both on body lines) looked at by "Romans PDR" for this afternoon but rescheduled for next week due to the snow and since I baby my car too much and won't drive it when theres salt on the road. I'll let you know how it goes. I was pretty impressed by their reviews and photos and prefer small shops. Not sure if they do paint work or not, but I figure if they can get the dents out, I can do the touch up paint and buff

https://www.facebook.com/romanspdr/

Update: He did a great job, and let me hang around in the shop while he did the repair. Very professional and nice guy. Would recommend. $180 bucks for two quarter-size dents, and some wet-sanding/buffing on one of them after the dent repair. Not sure if that's a decent price or not but it seemed reasonable

Last edited:

tjsauerbeck

Passed Driver's Ed
Update: He did a great job, and let me hang around in the shop while he did the repair. Very professional and nice guy. Would recommend. $180 bucks for two quarter-size dents, and some wet-sanding/buffing on one of them after the dent repair. Not sure if that's a decent price or not but it seemed reasonable

Dang that's way better than my first estimate. A body shop in Cinci (CARSTAR Center City) who does all the work for the neighborhood VW dealership. I guy swug a car door into my GTI and gauged the passenger door at a body line. They asked $460 lol I walked out the door immediately and they never called back