GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hmm depreciation/cost/value 2.0 tdi vs GTD ?

Kazen

Hi guys got a few questions for you and any input or advice will be appreciated.

Anyone got any knowledge of how much the depreciation differs between the 2.0 tdi gt edition compared to the GTD?

Im bumbling numbers around in my head and while i can now manage to afford the upgrade (just) im finding it hard to justify it.

Few more details of my situation..
Current car a 2016 2.0 tdi gt edition with 47k miles on it. Im now doing 35k miles a year instead of the 10k when i took the pcp out. (Redundancy & change of work) My local dealership has worked me out a deal including my part ex with now currently 6-7k negative equity according to dealer.

The dealer has offered me a 4 year pcp coming in at £533 / month with a balloon payment of £7100 i believe, worked out at the highest milage they can do at 25k miles a year.

For a.. Gtd white manual + parking camera & art velour seats (however im considering dropping the seat upgrade and opting for a dsg box instead)

Current pcp is £324/ months over 4 years. 8k balloon. @ 10k miles a year.

Now my heart is telling me to go for the deal but my sensible head tells me to stick with what ive got and just buy the car out at the end.

Fuel cost, insurance, tax ... Are all costs in favour of me keeping what ive got.

The only thing i can think of value wise that can tilt the balance somewhat is...(not including smiles and butterflies) that the gtd holds it value better than the standard golf? Also being the mk7.5 vs mk7 may help things aswell?

Anyone know what the difference is likely to be once they both hit a higher milage of 150-200k? .. My guestimate from what i can figure it may be around £3k difference at that point? Does that sound reasonable or am i way off the mark?

I know the gtd will always work out more expensive im under no illlusion that it will magically work out cheaper in the long run lol....
But im estimating it to cost me an extra £10-13k over the next the 4 years if i do the upgrade.

Of course there is also the enjoyment factor which is why im even looking at the upgrade in the first place.

Also does that deal sound reasonable from the dealer ive pushed them quite hard and walked away couple of times now (just now and about 3 months ago, same deal) and they areny budging any lower than that.

Sorry for the lengthy post. And thank you all in advance.