GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Helix-Depo MK7 Euro LED Tail Lights and Harnesses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mars1

Ready to race!
The euro tails and harnesses work excellent. No instructions included, but after a couple hours of research I got them installed and coded in about 2 hours time.

They work great and look great. Hopefully they don't peel after only a year like the helix headlights did.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
The euro tails and harnesses work excellent. No instructions included, but after a couple hours of research I got them installed and coded in about 2 hours time.

They work great and look great. Hopefully they don't peel after only a year like the helix headlights did.

What do you mean by peel? The lens adhesive peels off?

Mars1

Ready to race!
What do you mean by peel? The lens adhesive peels off?

Probably shouldn't have posted that here, it's not OPD's fault. The helix headlights (and other aftermarket headlight brands) have a clear coat over the lens that can peel with time.

The helix headlights are one best looking exterior mods I did to My GTI S because the halogen lights look like crap from the factory.

It could be the heat here, but it is a common problem with all of the aftermarket headlights apparently, not just helix.

I like them so much I'm going to refinish them with a new high quality clear coat and they will look new.

OnePerfectDose1

Ready to race!
So, what is the difference between the MK7 LED tail lights and the R Style?

There is a dark cherry which is the Euro GTI version and there is a Black Cherry which they call an R version. I believe they were options in europe.

There is also a basic red cherry (similar to stock red) OE version which was for the asia market.

They all function the same, it is strictly a color difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.